Current Sims With AI Co-drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lmp900, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Lmp900

Lmp900 Registered

Hello all,

As far as I know, Rfactor 2 is the only current race sim out there that has an AI co-driver similar to what GTR2 offered in the past. Are there any other sims out there such as IRacing or AMS2 that have this feature?

Thanks!

2. TheMenace

TheMenace Registered

AMS2 and PC2. But you need to pit, you can't just hit a button.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

GTR2(& rF1) had unique 2nd driver files.(actually filters that slowed down the car's full potential) rF2 has a very similar system but it does not work. Pitting with GTR2 allowed you to access the 2nd driver file. Or you could press I and the computer would just drive the car, bypassing the driver filter. rF2 does have rcd files that provide the same type of filtering for AI drivers, but not the co-driver. When you press I, whether in the pits or on-track, you still get the computer driving the car without any filtering by the co-driver file. There is no option to pit and change to a 2nd driver. Any time the computer takes over, there would be no difference whether your co-driver was a top shelf pro or a hugely unskilled amateur.

4. Lmp900

Lmp900 Registered

Thanks for replying. I still think that nothing beats GTR 2's co-driver capability with the instant switching or pit stop hand over.

5. Pales

Pales Registered

What I find astonishing is that ACC doesn't have it, despite the fact that driver swaps are mandatory in the game. LOL. Shame the devs are lazy and the AI is poor anyway.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just remember, that you only get the personality of the new driver when you switch in the pits via the pitboard. Pressing I just allows the generic driver(which is usually faster than the co-driver who takes over in the pits, but also lacks strategic awareness. You have to manually take over to get back to the pits without the generic driver just running til the fuel is gone)