Current method to launch in VR with Oculus

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by NeilsOnWheels, May 18, 2020.

1. NeilsOnWheels

NeilsOnWheels Registered

I have an Oculus CV1, but I am unable to get the game to fully launch.
    I have the Oculus app running, steam VR running and then click play for Rfactor 2.
    I get the opening dialog box with config wheel etc, but when I go to start a single player game nothing loads.

I have set my video options as stated on the forum, ie. HMD enabled.

I've Googled my heart out and found conflicting details on the sequence required to launch the game.

Can someone point me to a guide. I'm rather frustrated that I cannot get the game to run.

2. atomed

atomed Member

What is the Graphics Card do you have?

3. NeilsOnWheels

NeilsOnWheels Registered

I have a GFX 1080ti.

I followed a suggestion to delete my UserData folder and that helped get me further along, but I have not been able to launch a race successfully, the game just jumps back to the SteamVR room etc.

4. atomed

atomed Member

5. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I have a CV1 and a 1080Ti.

My process is this: start the Oculus app. Then just launch rF2 through the launcher without starting Steam VR, as starting rF2 should start Steam VR automatically.

I also had an issue recently after I'd disconnected everything and moved my PC. I had to do the initial setup/calibration through the Oculus software and all was OK again.

6. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

I find that not having steam VR running before I launch rF2 works best. As it starts it up when it launches. Restarting steam can sometimes get it to work but it can be a problem.

7. NeilsOnWheels

NeilsOnWheels Registered

Brilliant, thank you very much to all of you. I found that launching rF2 (without Steam VR running) worked.

Is this documented anywhere? I feel that a newbie in my situation really needs to know this. It's a very simple process that could be stated in the Launcher.

atomed likes this.
  8. atomed

atomed Member

There's so much about rFactor 2 that could be clarified with some documentation for newbies. I'm just happy I got through that first frustration phase but is a shame lots of people don't and leave it without discovering its full potential.