CSL DD Calibration Help

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nortski, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Nortski

Nortski Registered

Hi guys,
    My CSL DD arrived yesterday and I'm having a slight issue getting rf2 to calibrate it correctly.

Within the in-game settings I tried setting the "Rotation limit mode" to device driver and checking the "Range set by vehicle". However; my McLaren 720s GT3 would not turn at all. I then unchecked "Range set by vehicle". This improved it slightly but still very understeery. I tried playing with the "Steering wheel range" but this had no effect.

Finally; I switched the "Rotation limit mode" from device driver to software, set "Default max wheel angle" to 1080 and re-enabled "Range set by vehicle". Then in the Fanatec driver software I changed the max wheel angle from auto to 1080, this is much better but now I'm over-rotating.

What should I tweak to dial back the over-rotation?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Turn on the steering wheel in display options, and look down at the wheel when in-car. Does it match your physical wheel when you turn it? If so, you can either learn to drive the car the way it is (like you would in real life) or adjust your settings to slow the in-car rotation. (try making the in-game wheel angle lower than your driver setting)

If it doesn't match, you still need to work out how to do that. Though it sounds like you're doing the right thing, so I suspect option 1.

3. Nortski

Nortski Registered

Thanks, I'll try that.
    Should I be adjusting the specific car wheel range in-game or adjusting the max rotation in the Fanatec software?