crowd sounds

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by les, Mar 25, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

in joesville i hear crowd sounds when racing if your in first place the cheering sounds get louder the question is the cheering crowd sounds how do we move these to near the grandstands. this is something ISI has not explained and i am not sure how to move the sounds to these areas

another question is caution lights around the track, dont come on when a caution comes out is this not implemented yet

2. ethone

ethone Registered

I thought area sensitive sounds were entries in the .scn but I couldn't find any in the Joesville one.
    Perhaps having an instance that includes the "crowd" string is enough to trigger the basic crowd audio response?

Caution lights work like in rF1. I have a simple on/off map system for F1-style LED boards.
    View attachment 1724
    Since I'm using two frames for each, I need three dds files for each of the two materials: YLOLT.dds, YLOLT00.dds (lights off) and YLOLT01.dds (on) on the one hand, cautionlightA.dds, cautionlightA00.dds (off) and cautionlightA01.dds (on) for the other material.

3. les

les Registered

anyone from ISI comment on the crowd sounds i cant find anything about how these are put into rf2

4. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Actually, sounds can be placed using the camera editor now, and their locations are stored in the layout's camera file. Yes, sorry--I still need to work up an AIW Editor tutorial. I'll get on that as soon as I can...

5. les

les Registered

thank you scott now to go figure that out lol

6. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

How are you getting on with this then?