[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Is there a way to make crew chief start with rfacror 2?

Can't tell you how many times I've started a race to realise I've forgotten to run crew chief!

2. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

I understand that. But each series has different info available too. I'm thinking more that, in RL, you can feel if your scrubbing tires, etc. In a sim, maybe a verbal warning is a good alternative ... plus you could always make it so it can be disabled.

All good, info is available through TM anyway ... I was just suggesting a use for the "spinning wheel" information. Is that a setting we can disable without causing other issues? CC tells me that a lot, and he's starting to bug me, lol. And, I'm afraid, hearing from a woman's voice would be worse.

3. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

CC can be started after you start rF2. Just open it and press start.

4. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

The only problem I have with that, is more often than not, whenever I alt tab out of rf2, it crashes the game.
    Guess I'll just have to try and remember to launch it!

5. Jego

Jego Registered

Run rfactor in borderless window mode.

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Another alternative for those (like me) who forget to start CC first is create a little batch file that starts CC first then launches rF2. I have one on my desktop that looks like this inside;
    Just change the locations and save (as a batch file ie something.bat) anywhere and add shortcut to desktop.

TheMattyOnline likes this.
  7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

You can also set Crew Chief to start automatically as soon as it loads (so you don't have to press the app's "Start" button) - it's buried somewhere in the Properties screen (yes, I know, I need to redesign this)

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

There are also rf2_launch_exe and rf2_params flags for each game in the same dialog, but I haven't time to figure out how they work yet.

9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Point the game EXE and you are ok, you can launch the game starting CC.

10. Magus

Magus Registered

This is one of my essential apps in all sims and I'm so glad it has made its way over here.

I would like to make a paypal contributions as a means of saying thank you, but I'm just wondering would you consider a contribution of a minimum amount specified by yourself with a request to add a name that is not in your name pack?

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

I did have plans to ask for a donation in return for adding names, but in the end I just did it anyway. I tend to wait till I've got 20 or 30 personalisations to do then just blast through them. What's your name?

12. Magus

Magus Registered

Ali , I know you have Al there (which) I currently use but giving you my first name (Mehrdad) is unpronounceable to most so I'll settle for the shorter middle name :) Going to make a donation now. Thanks!

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

I can try Mehrdad if you don't mind it coming out like "murrruh dad" or Ali, they're both the same amount of work so it's your choice :)

14. Magus

Magus Registered

Merrh-dad (phonetically) would be great! Thank you!

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

:p:D

JimmyT and TheMattyOnline like this.
  16. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Mr. B., your comment "I can try Mehrdad if you don't mind it coming out like "murrruh dad" or Ali, they're both the same amount of work so it's your choice" makes it sound as though you are using TTS to do the names and comments from the crew chief. I really thought you were doing some live recording and then making adjustments in Audacity or something, but the fact that Mehrdad might turn out sounding different makes me think you are using TTS. If so, would you share your process and tools of choice?

17. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks a lot for this its real good, great job guys :)
    Im just having trouble with speech recognition not working it says i need to download a couple files which ive done and installed but still no joy, heres what i get.

14:40:58.429 : Attempting to initialise speech recognition for user specified location en
    14:40:58.431 : Unable to initialise speech engine with voice recognition pack for location en. Check that SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and MSSpeech_SR_en_TELE.msi are installed.
    14:40:58.432 : Exception message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {49428A60-C997-4D0E-9808-9E326C178D58} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    14:40:58.433 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False
    Cheers.

18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I can't try this right now, but if you installed 64 bit version of SR, try also installing 32 bit package.

19. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Cant seem to find 32bit package just 64 and 86 is all i see on microsoft site. I get this msg now after changing from the 86x to 64x.

14:59:21.328 : Attempting to initialise speech recognition for user specified location en
    14:59:21.329 : Unable to initialise speech engine with voice recognition pack for location en. Check that SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and MSSpeech_SR_en_TELE.msi are installed.
    14:59:21.330 : Exception message: No recognizer of the required ID found.
    Parameter name: culture
    14:59:21.330 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False

20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Looks like it can load the speech recogniser but not the language pack. Have you tried reinstalling this?