[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Is there a difference between Microsoft voice rec and windows voice rec? And I guess, time to go down the rabbit hole...how much system ram do you have? what version of windows? 32bit or 64bit? Can you load with just one car? If so keep adding a few cars until it locks up again.

2. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Registered

Thanks for your input here Dave. :)

Is there a difference between Microsoft voice rec and windows voice rec? Yes, according to the CC installation instructions.
    How much system ram do you have? 16Gig
    What version of windows? 32bit or 64bit? 64bit (running the DX11 version of rF2)
    Can you load with just one car? If so keep adding a few cars until it locks up again. Ah, ok. We might be at cross purposes here. The game itself runs just fine. The lockup occurs at start up and exit from the launcher window. I went into quite a lot of detail about what happens and when in the original thread on the CC forums if that helps: => http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?649-Problem-rF2-hangs-on-exiting-the-game

Also, there is no problem with running the same setup in RaceRoom, only in rF2. :)

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

4. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Registered

T300. I've also allocated a push (and hold) to talk button which works ok. :)

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Not cross purposes, but poorly worded on my part. I was trying to discover is there was a threshold where the lockup occurs, caused by some failure at exit which could cause immeadiate lockups or upon your next booting of rF2. I WOULD have attributed that kind of issue to 'not enough system or video memory' but your 16gigs seems to have that covered. I'm grasping at straws now, in the settings of the launcher, is the 'force 32bit' box UN-checked? Is your video card properly displayed in the settings and not a generic vga option? Do you have any 3rd party controllers like a non-thrustmaster shifter or pedals? If so, try disconnecting those to see if there is a conflict between your wheel and other controllers. Try and make your system and rF2 as vanilla as possible. I have a huge amount of mods and cars, I think there is a way to move a folder out of rF2 that contains most of that content and basically have a brand new install of rF2. [unfortunately, I didn't pay close enough attention to those threads, hopefully others might be able to advise in that area.]
    The only other bits of advice is to get Christopher's Cbash clearer outer...lol... and rename or delete all the .json files in the player folder.

6. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Registered

@davehenrie
    Thanks, Dave.
    I'll check the items you've suggested the first chance I get.
    Cheers.

7. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I am enjoying Crewchief so much.
    I just did 2 hour race vs AI at Bathurst. (Apex Modding GT3).
    It was a great race and I lost the lead 2 or 3 times.
    The spotter "Geoffrey" was there backing me up all the way. From qualifying when he said "OK David you have 5 laps to get the job done".
    I was told a couple of times "you are locking up your left front into The Chase, Murrays Corner " how and when did he learn to do that?
    I was in a fight for the lead and Geoffrey gave me tactical advice and told me "we are faster than him through Griffins Bend".
    That along with telling me how many minutes of fuel I had left, answering my questions about where drivers were. Of course his usual pearls of wisdom.
    great stuff gents.

Hazi, JuanP006, deceda and 4 others like this.
  8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Now that's uplifting post :)
    I am very much looking forward to improving rF2 support as S397 exposes more information via internals :)

9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I have posted this issue in the Crew Chief Forum but thought I might put it in here as well in case someone here knows more about the Oculus Rift
    I have been using CC for a while and have had no issue with the mic in my rift, I could ask questions and get the appropriate response. Since the Windows update I can no longer talk to CC it just says sorry can't hear you.
    Windows seems to recognise the mic in rift (it can see it in the hardware)
    If anyone can give me some ideas or tips I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance
    JT

10. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I have the same issue - thought it was my system. As such, haven't done any investigating yet, so if anyone has sorted this, would also be interested to hear any advice.

11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Well I did a bit more research into windows 10 stuffups and found this video. It worked for me.
    Hope this helps anyone else who may be having the same problem.

12. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@JimmyT Interesting video - have had to roll back my Windows to the previous version as my Rift does not work on the latest version. However, I don't think my issue is related to the content of the video as Team Speak works fine on my Rift mic. When I have a few minutes, going to run through the set up for voice recognition under the About Crew Chief button.

JimmyT likes this.
  13. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I run primarily the USF2000 cars. It seems no matter how many laps I run or how much screeching/squealing/spinning I do, I keep getting a message that all my tires are cold. Is this because the USF2000 class is not one of the default-defined classes?

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Likely. If you could provide me with mapping I will gladly include it with CC.

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?27-Customizing-Car-Classes

15. Booth_doberman

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "mapping." It appears to be a class called "Championship Class." What mapping do you need?

16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

The link I've sent earlier explains how to teach CC new car class. To do this you create json file in your Documents. You can then override temperature ranges. If you are happy with your result and would like to share with others, you could send me your file and I will include it in list of known car classes in CC for everyone to enjoy. This stuff is a bit tricky, but that's price to pay for freedom of modded games. I've added classes for content I play, but obviously, I don't play all of it.

17. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Hi The Iron Wolf,
    Is there a file which lists the car classes supported to check if the mod we run is included ?
    We run the ACFL F2018 APEX mod and now after reading your info, I would like to see if I can adjust the message "you are fastest in your class" (it appears when my car is faster then the second car in the team but not the fastest car of the 20 in the game) and adjust "your tyres are cold" message. (I see now one can adjust the temperatures in the JSON file)
    Thanks again to you and Mr Belowski for an incredible program !

18. Booth_doberman

Yes, I read that link. But where does the information for tire temps, etc., come from? The mas files are encrypted and this is a standard Studio 397 car.

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Car2stat might be able to display grip curve, to give you idea. I asked S397 to expose that, probably a year ago.

Other than that - experimentation. Try defining ranges that cover the temperatures you are able to reach.

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Ceecee, please invest time into reading through that link. For rF2, rF1 and AC it is essential to understand class mappings, because we can't cover all content in open (moddable) games.

A quick solution to incorrect multi-class detection is to use property "force single class". But I really recommend you to learn this stuff - it'll pay off in a long run. Also, once you got nice mappings I'll gladly include them in CC.

If you are stuck or confused about some part of mapping let me know. As a quick reference for you guys, here's my personal mapping I didn't include in CC because of poor class naming/possible conflicts with other content:

{
    "CarClasses": [
    {
    "carClassEnum": "ETCC_CLASS2",
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "Class 2" ],
    "maxColdTyreTemp": 45,
    "maxWarmTyreTemp": 90,
    "maxHotTyreTemp" : 120,
    "timesInHundredths": false,
    "enabledMessageTypes": "TYRE_TEMPS, TYRE_WEAR, BRAKE_TEMPS, FUEL, LOCKING_AND_SPINNING"
    },
    {
    "carClassEnum": "ETCC_CLASS1",
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "Class 1" ],
    "enabledMessageTypes": "TYRE_TEMPS, TYRE_WEAR, BRAKE_TEMPS, FUEL, LOCKING_AND_SPINNING"
    },
    {
    "carClassEnum": "ETCC_CLASS3",
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "Class 3" ],
    },
    {
    "carClassEnum": "F1_1996",
    "rf2ClassNames": ["01-Ferrari", "07-Sauber-Ford Zetec", "09-Tyrrell-Yamaha", "11-Forti-Ford Ed", "08-Footwork-Hart","02-Benetton-Renault", "05-Ligier-Mugen Honda", "10-Minardi-Ford Ed", "03-Williams-Renault", "06-Jordan-Peugeot", "04-McLaren-Mercedes" ],
    "brakeType": "Carbon",
    "maxSafeWaterTemp": 105,
    "maxSafeOilTemp": 140,
    "timesInHundredths": true,
    "enabledMessageTypes": "ALL",
    "pitCrewPreparationTime": 17
    }
    ]
    }