[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I just checked and it opened fine. It might've been temporarily unavailable, try again please.

2. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Then it must be some firewall issue?

All I get is:
    [​IMG]

3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

We have a lot of spammers attacking our site and we have some protection in place. I am not sure how this stuff is controlled, but @Sparten might be able to help.
    Meanwhile:
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.msi

4. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Thanks for link but nonetheless I'd like to access your forum for FAQ, manuals, etc. :)

5. ceecee

ceecee Registered

6. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Thanks for help but I assure you my PC is no problem. My IP is quite another thing though, as The Iron Wolf already mentioned spam protection on website.

7. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Ok, but a question (I am in the business so of course I am curious) what is it you mean by "My IP is quite another thing though" ?
    The reason why I am a IT technician for 24 years is that every day there is something new to learn in this business (there are no experts, there are only new questions :D)

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

To be exact, I was just guessing. I am not sure why you can't access our site. Blocking might or might not be the cause.

9. elbo

elbo Registered

This crew chief thing keeps impressing me. I hit the wall really hard at a chicane yesterday and the guy comes on and asks to confirm that I was ok...I didn't answer and he asked again, so I answered and he answered back...really cool.

This interaction got me to wondering if it would be possible in RF2 when a pit stop is called to be able to request X amount of fuel instead of messing around with keys. Same with damage, repair or not, and maybe even tires, though I imagine this would be more difficult since tire types vary from mod to mod.

Thanks for all the good work!

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks for your good words. We are enjoying working on (and using) this tool too. I really hope S397 exposes additional information, especially around penalties.

Yes, what you ask might be possible, but, I am not using this functionality because I've really hard time using speech recognition in my setup.
    Hence, check this out: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?263-Command-key-press-macros
    If you figure it out and get it working nicely with rF2, feel free to ping me back, I'll include your work in CC for rF2 for everyone to enjoy.

11. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I really think you guys should be very proud of what you have done with Crew Chief, there are large corporations who do not even get close ! And not to mention the automatic updating, and......and......
    We never fail to be surprised on what Crew Chief pops up with while racing (and constantly something new !), just love the program !
    Many thanks :)

12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

thanks man. My main contribution is that I am extremely picky person, and I constantly note things that irritate me, and get to them once I have time. It's been 1.5years, but I am proud of how rF2 support is. I enjoy the polishing and getting stuff to really work fast and reliable. But @mr_belowski is true visionary. I was extremely impressed with CC when I heard it 2 years ago, this is how the software should be. And, there's no substitute, or magic bullet, to the hard and persistent work, so CC is result of a lot of work. Now we're team of three, and I am very honored to work with these men and the list of work is never running out :)

Magus and ceecee like this.
  13. Davvid

Davvid Registered

No problem. I can only assume some IP classes are banned on the http server and my IP probably matches that range. There are lot of international servers that ban Polish IP ranges (as there is unfortunately much spam from my country :( ).

14. ceecee

ceecee Registered

A Forbidden 403 can be caused by wrong website address but can also be caused by cookies in your cache.
    What I advised is what I do first many times a day troubleshooting client computers.
    It will not change anything in your computer and all software mentioned is free, and you can uninstall afterwards quite easily.
    All it does is clean up your computer and makes no changes to anything.
    But you will have to relogin to your websites anew because your login cookies will have been cleaned.

15. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Picky is language I understand (and hopefully most should do in this sector).
    I hear constantly "but it only takes me 10 mins to do that" but I am fine with spending an hour to make sure I have ticked all the boxes and gone back and double checked. :)
    You have a good team !

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Exactly. I am of the same mentality. Sure, you can do things quickly. But they won't shine. There's just no way around, but work and interatively improve what you are not happy with :)

ceecee likes this.
  17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Version 4.9.2.5 of CC includes 2 rF2 specific changes I wanted to make you ladies and gentlemen aware of:

• I added some heuristic for pit stall countdown (option:" Pit box countdown" ) It is disabled for ovals, and might not correctly work on some road tracks, but will do till S397 exposes needed info. Special thanks goes to my friend @Nibo for testing this feature.
    • I added option "Force rF2 'Rolling Start' as a race start type" to force Rolling start. Long story short again, there's not enough data exposed by rF2 and I did some guesswork to detect start type. However, sometimes, notably on Kart tracks Rolling start will be falsely detected as Formation/Standing. Check this option to give CC a hint that it's Rolling start after all and enjoy better Karting experience, if you use CC with Karts :)

Nibo, ceecee and Corti like this.
  18. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Registered

I came across a problem with CrewChief and rF2 last week with regard to using voice commands to CrewChief.

Basically, when using voice recognition commands with CC, the PC can freeze, either when starting up or exiting rF2.

More details are here in the thread I posted on the CrewChief forums:
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?649-Problem-rF2-hangs-on-exiting-the-game

I've had no response as yet from mr_belowski on the CC forums, so I thought I'd pop a link to the thread in here, just in case anyone needs to use the work around I've managed to find.

Hopefully it's something that rF2/CC can eventually resolve.

Cheers. :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I haven't had any lockups using voice commands with CC and rF2. This one may be a little more difficult to diagnose. Do you have all the associated files that enable voice via windows? [I don't even remember if any are needed, just trying to start the hunt]

20. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Registered

Yes, both the latest shared memory plugin and the Microsoft (not Windows) Voice Recognition app.

Oh, and I'm running the DX11 version of rF2 by the way, if that makes any difference. :)