[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Do you have pit stops scheduled in race setup?
    If so, if you have pit stop prediction feature on, CC will suggest a pit stop. If you'd like to turn that off either not schedule pit stops or turn off 'rf2 pit stop prediction' in preferences.

Wanderer likes this.
  2. Wanderer

Wanderer Registered

You are right, i have to edit my setup. Thank you Wolf

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  3. Louis

Louis Registered

hi, is it possible to add stephen hawking voice in that list of spotters available?

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

For personal use, I suppose you could add a new folder in sounds spotter_Stephen and have sounds in there. After you restart CC it should show up in a dropdown.

Louis likes this.
  5. Louis

Louis Registered

sweet! now i only need to search the software to transform one of the availables spotters voices to something like hawking.
    im think also in a spotter with passive agressive msgs lol
    thank you

6. Louis

Louis Registered

I dont think so. Folder structure doesnt seems to work like this (all audios from, i.e Clare, in that folder).
    the program does not use one file (ie pilot name) recorded with different voices. Only one file is used and when you change the spotter, it reads the same file but with different voice.
    It seems to me that CrewChief itself is a synthesizer

7. Louis

Louis Registered

Btw, is it possible to make CrewChief more f1 style instead nascar races?
    That msgs "on your right...still there...still there... still there....." is a bit annoying even in not-f1(like Clios) race style

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

The spotter drop box only controls spotter functionality (ie car left/right information). It doesn't affect team Chief voice.

If you would like to replace all the sounds, you'll have to regenarate and replace them all.

CC is not synthesizer, it is a live recordings by Jim Britton. The only synthesized part is if you enable use TTS for driver names option. In that case, unvocalized names will be synthesized.

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

That's what realistic mode is for.
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?115-quot-Realistic-mode-quot-explained
    Also, please review the FAQ: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?28-F-a-q

Lastly, there's an option to disable spotter even without realistic mode on.

10. Louis

Louis Registered

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  11. Louis

Louis Registered

hmmm ok, i thought when you choose a diferent name at spotter voice would change all mesasages. I will figure out. Thanks
    edit: Did not go well my attempt to personalize how often i get some messages. The spotter talked for entire laps (ok no more yellow reports, ok we give you yellow reports..." back to default ant try only realistic mod an then step by step adding/removing;editing msg rules

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  12. Louis

Louis Registered

Well, it happens it was not my fault. Reset config to default and check only realistic mode and the spotter still crazy (ok, no more yellow reports...ok, we give you yellow reports..) fot hte entire lap.
    Using F1frt2013 mod at Sao Paulo

edit: the "restore to default" button don´t work., Even unchecking reaçisy mode, still non stop ok, no more yellow...

edit2: uninstall and reinstal and problem stills. Uninstall again and deleted that folder "briton bla bla bla" with config files
    Give up from putting Stephen Hawking spotter. If to only make the program work correctly take so many time, imagine editing all messages...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I couldn't reproduce those problems. In "realistic mode" spotter is only enabled on ovals. The least confusing way is to:

* disable realistic mode (as it requires class/track mappings to work correctly)
    * Uncheck "Enable spotter" in CC preferences

Couldn't repro problem of settings not getting reset.

14. Louis

Louis Registered

Sorry, forgot to say: reinstalled after a clean uninstall and it worked (not tested yet realistic mode but believe it will be ok)
    Thanks @The Iron Wolf

15. Louis

Louis Registered

Hello again @The Iron Wolf : simple question, not crazy stuff. Is it possible to save my name and select at that dropdown menu where we choose how to be called by the spotter?

16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

You could explore how other personalizations work, I am not deeply familiar with that. I hope you could figure that out from the folder structure of sounds, also check our FAQ for locations of sounds. If you would use your real name, you could also put a personalization request at thecrewchief.org. If/when Jim gets time/energy/desire, you'll get personalizations recorded in matched human voice :) Consider donation too, man deserves a good bottle of something.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  17. Louis

Louis Registered

Sure, i will. I´m in "debt" with some people here for a long time. As i get my paypal in order again i´ll start to throw money away :D
    Thanks for your help.
    ps: btw, how much is a reasonable donation to modders (track, vehicles, plugins)?

18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I typically donate $5-$10 as a polite thank you, and $20 for stuff I am really impressed with and want to keep evolving. Also, for my favorite series I re-donate on every major update. But, there's no general rule. We all live in different areas of the world, so, say if I was in my home country, $20 would be a bit too much. Just donate what you feel like, to me it's like a "thank you" or vote, "keep going, I like it" :) Another idea is to measure in in beer, reasonable donation is ~ 6 pack of beer :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  19. Louis

Louis Registered

Thanks for replying. 20 is too much for me, maybe unfair with rf2 and i have too many modders to feed :D. I´ll go with 5 when i could donate.
    Cheers

20. Davvid

Davvid Registered

What happened to the Crew Chief website? How to download now?