[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

No idea about discord, but some folks have been able to get teamspeak to work like this - talk the chief using the same button as mute teamspeak. Seems odd that discord would mute the entire device for this

2. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Thanks for the answer.
    I checked and Discord seems to mute the microphone and not the program.
    Probably time to try Teamspeak then !

3. Magus

Magus Registered

Basically if you change race to time instead of laps and set it to 30 mins (not tried +/- from this) and you can either go to the race by skipping P &/or Q sessions so you start at the back or if you have a poor Q session and start in the last 2 rows, before the green light the spotter will say '5 minutes...you'll need to hurry up'.

It doesn't do this each and every time but a good way to get it is to just skip the sessions to start the race at the rear and keep restarting the race after the green light and he will eventually say it.

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

I'm not sure which message you guys are hearing here.

Does it say "you have 5 minutes to set a lap" (or "you have 5 minutes to get the job done") - these are supposed to trigger in qually when you exit the pits. Or does it say "5 minutes - we need to get on with it" (or any number up to 19) - these are supposed to trigger before the green light, in races which are less than 20 minutes long.

Clearly there's something wrong here, I'm just trying to understand where to go poking around :)

5. Magus

Magus Registered

It happens for me on a race set at 30 minutes and starts with 5 minutes...(I can't remember the exact phrase)we need to hurry up/get on with it. I'm sure you can easily reproduce it by setting race to 30 minutes and skipping P & Q so you start last and start the race and at some point the spotter will say it before the light goes green for the race and you can restart the race till it is stated.

Edit: I should state that my race session is,
    Practice - 5 hours
    Qualify - 8 Laps
    Race - 30 min

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Magus, 2 questions, I am still not sure is this offline or online session (sorry if I missed it, it's Jan 1st :)) ? Second, how exactly do you skip P&Q, by hitting Finish Session?

Also, do you know if this is something that got broken recently? I changed the way we detect out lap, and combined with what Jim said, makes me wonder if we detect pit exit incorrectly on a certain track.

7. Magus

Magus Registered

It's offline against 20 AI. I've in the last month only switched from racing laps to doing timed sessions, so not sure if tgat coincides with the changes. Sorry I can't be more precise.

Sometimes I start a P or Q session and go finish session to compare times. Sometimes I press go to next session. I don't think how you get to the race is a variable. Just being at the rear of the grid is a trigger for the spotter.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Magus, I see where the problem is and will fix it soon :) Thanks for reporting it.

Magus likes this.
  9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Folks, version 4.9.0.0 of Crew Chief adds a mega hack to enable rF2 Stock Car Rules in CC. It is a hack, so it will need special configuration, see here: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?407-How-to-enable-rF2-Stock-Car-Rules-in-Crew-Chief

Also, added "Enable rF2 FCY pit state messages" option to disable pit state messages during Safety Car Phase. (same option added for rF1/AMS). Combined with rFm settings to control SC phase, those options would allow bringing rF2 SC phase closer to F1/DTM style, if that's what you're after.

Super thanks to Jim for his continued support of rF2, Morten, our CC team member, for idea on SCR hack and Mike Schreiner for testing and helping to make SCR rules in CC a reality.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Magus and mr_belowski like this.
  10. Depco

Depco Registered

Crew Chief is a Must Have for every driver. Keep up the good work on this essential program.

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The CC's name is Jim? I've been calling him Geoff Peterson for months!

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Who the 'ell is Geoff Peterson?

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The name I gave to the race engineer when I first downloaded it. Never realised his name was actually Jim.

14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

I could change my name to Geoff, for a suitably eye-watering paypal donation

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Make it Jennifer and you've got a deal :p

17. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Today, CC speak french with féminine voice !
    Perfect , but its a miracle ?

18. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

this is the way discord behaves. When you mute discord it actually mutes the entire input device (microphone).

Teamspeak is much better - when you mute teamspeak it just stops processing input from the microphone, so other apps like CC can still use it

19. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Sorry, just reread my mail (busy with too many things here atm).
    I meant Teamspeak and not Discord, I tried Discord earlier and ran into the mute problem.
    Here is what I meant :
    We are using Crew Chief (very happily I must add :)) and voice communicating through Teamspeak.
    I am trying to configure one steering wheel button (G27 and the other competitor has a G29) in order to talk to Crew Chief and mute Teamspeak.
    Pressing the button, Crew Chief works fine but Teamspeak is the problem as my competitors can hear me as well.
    I have tried different Keybinds in Teamspeak to mute it (there were two mute possibilities if I remember correctly and both did not work here) while I talk to Crew Chief (it is not necessary for my competitors to hear my CC requests :D)
    Anyone have an ideas ? The Teamspeak forum is not very helpful.

20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered