[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Let me know if this happens all the time to you. If it does, I can PM you the instructions on what to collect, which might shed light onto problem.

2. mancslo

mancslo Registered

I dont no exactly. But i think a months ago it worked OK.

3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

There has been complete rewrite of a plugin recently, so it probably has some bugs that need ironing out. So if someone finds a way to reliably reproduce this problem, please, let me know.

It might be some sequence of things: restarting sessions, multiple sessions in a row. With game development of rF2 picking up, might even be change in game data that I am not yet aware of, somewhere. It might be that plugin data gets stale somehow, I'll do some digging. BTW, note than I am on DX11 guys.

Thanks mancslo for letting me know this also happens in Single Player, it narrows down the problem, so I'll keep my eyes open to see if I can spot anything.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    kimikaze and mancslo like this.
  4. RoWo

RoWo Member

I did a record: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlEi_NZ_iNsluWCye20AgFZzui2i

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  5. mancslo

mancslo Registered

Eh sorry @The Iron Wolf. Today i try CC with Automobilista and there is the same problem. So i must go to the CC officiall forum?
    Now it works :):):):
    Delate: c:/Users/[user name]/AppData/Local/Britton_IT_Ltd folder
    After doo that the spotter is in the best condition :D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Would it be possible that the installer of CC recognises the installation path of previous installations so that it wouldn't be nessecary to always change the installation path when doing updates? And how can i get my name in CC can i just write a request here? Then i would like to have "Felix" in CC :):cool:

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

One user reported same problem on S3S forum. I suspect car length in our settings got corrupted somehow, because in both cases it looked like CC thinks car is longer than it is.

In any case, glad you figured it out and thanks for letting community know man!

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I really want to get to the bottom of this. Did you by any chance changed OS locale/language recently, you mentioned reinstall?

9. mancslo

mancslo Registered

I did not change eny think, except restart rfactor 2 and CC, to tray to reslove that problem.
    If this problem occurs again, i will take more attention about my previous actions.

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

If this happens again, please save the folder you deleted in AppData and share it with us.

@ceecee - if you see the problem with ghost vehicles in spotter, could you zip and send c:/Users/[user name]/AppData/Local/Britton_IT_Ltd folder to us? Then, delete that folder to solve the problem. It's possible settings are getting corrupted somehow, and spotter gets incorrect vehicle dimensions.

mancslo likes this.
  11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks! I was able to use your trace, but so far I can see that all the calculations inside are correct (CC calculates 0.7 avg usage). I'll debug audio playback itself in the next couple of days.

I noticed, however, that you have fewer sounds than I do on my Crew Chief. I would suggest re-downloading the sounds for CC. To do so rename or delete C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds folder. After you do so, can you send me if output of this:

"09:26:31.770 : Took 0,41s to lazy load remaining message sounds, there are now 4538 loaded message sounds with 306 active SoundPlayer objects"

Changed to something else. I anticipate 4538 number will get higher.

12. mancslo

mancslo Registered

Here. From trash folder :confused:: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiZ1Wr9e1NvhgrZYSPsgD8Pe-Hbp-A

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

14. RoWo

RoWo Member

After deleting sounds folder and downloading all 3 sound packs, I get this:

"20:10:06.890 : Took 0,42s to lazy load remaining message sounds, there are now 4510 loaded message sounds with 306 active SoundPlayer objects"

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

this is still smaller number than on my computer and I am not sure why, maybe Jim will have an idea. Meanwhile, if you still get wrong message, you could try deleting c:/Users/[user name]/AppData/Local/Britton_IT_Ltd which will completely reset all CC settings. Thanks for help so far.

16. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

the number of sound sets loaded depends on the selected spotter and the selected personalisation so don't panic about it being inconsistent :)

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

@ceecee , @RoWo, @mancslo - guys, what locale are you using in your OS? What language, what region for non-Unicode programs? Thanks!

18. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Thanks for a great program! One maybe nitpicky issue: Could you have the updater locate and install in the drive/location the current install? I have my games and CC on my e: drive, but the updater always wants to install on the c: drive in the normal "program files" location. My c: drive is a smaller SSID, and I thought having CC and the games on the same drive was probably better anyway.

McFlex likes this.
  19. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Sorry Jerry - this is surprisingly awkward to do and isn't on the list of changes in the pipeline

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

You can use NTFS junction to remap folder to any drive.