[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Could you please clarify something. What kind of session was it? Was it Race? Have you completed multiple laps? Did you use AI driver (to drive your car) at any point in your session?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Not sure I understand what you mean Dave, but it works like this....

Say the Chief is reporting a laptime and the spotter wants to interrupt and call an overlap, then the Chief reports the position. The message looks like this:

<chief's open-channel beep>
    Chief:"that was a 1:43.1"
    Spotter:"Car left"
    Chief:"you're now in P2"
    <chief's close-channel beep>

we can now insert one beep between the Chief and the Spotter's messages, so it goes:

<spotter's open-channel beep>
    Spotter:"car left"

or we can insert two beeps between the Chief and the Spotter's messages, so it goes:

<spotter's open-channel beep>
    Spotter:"car left"
    <spotter's close-channel beep>

There are already 2 beep sets in the app - the regular ('click-beep') and alternate ('click'). The app uses the selected one for the Chief, and the other one for the spotter. IMO this all sounds best with "Use alternate beeps" *checked*, "Insert beep-in between Spotter and Chief" *checked* and "Insert beep-out between Spotter and Chief" *unchecked*.

You'll be able to get a feel for how it sounds by listening to the radio check when the next version is released (or try the beta here http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?38-Beta-Test-Thread&p=605&viewfull=1#post605). With the latest sound pack, spotters 'Phil', 'Clare', 'Mike' and 'Matt' all have their own radio check sounds

Finally... Matt - I integrated those new sounds you sent into the pack so it's now got the revised still_there sounds and the other stuff. Massive thanks to all the folks who've helped out with their spotter sound sets, it's made the app a lot more awesome :D

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  4. RoWo

RoWo Member

Ok, tested again with the following parameters:
    Car: USF2000
    Track: Oscherleben
    Session: Practice (online)
    Laps done: 5
    Use of AI driver: no
    Avg fuel/lap (measured by ProRacing Dashboard and SIMDashboard): 0.7
    Message by CC after asking for fuel consumption by VoiceRecognition in lap#6: "zero liters per lap"

EDIT:
    Similar with 650S @ Mills Metro. Fuel consumption is about 1.7, CC says "2 liters per lap".

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

On Raceroom the consumption is read to 1 decimal place, and it's the same code that's doing the work so perhaps the rf2 source data is the issue? Seems really weird tho

6. elbo

elbo Registered

Would we cool if after 3 or 5 laps CC would give you an estimate of your consumption in litres/lap with out asking for it (I dont use the voice commands in game) . I used to have track-map plugin for that but it looks like an update any time soon is unlikely and the in game estimate is always out from reality.

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

you can assign a button to trigger a fuel status message (usage per lap and estimated laps or time left on this tank of fuel) - it's called "Report fuel status".

But you're right, having it trigger automatically after a few laps (as long as it's not been requested manually) is a good idea

8. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Is CC's fuel mileage calculated by rF2 or does CC do it? I know external calculators like TM, V-HUD, etc. work well, but the internal garage lap estimates were often very wrong.

9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

CC does it - it just takes the fuel level at the start of each lap averages the difference

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks RoWo, I will see if I can reproduce/spot any problem around this next week.

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

12. mancslo

mancslo Registered

I think that the spotter not work properly:

Is it eny solution for that.

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Is this online session? No AI driving? Did you change Spotter car legth value from default? From the video, it appears like CC thinks car is longer than it is. It is also possible I need to do more testing for online sessions :)

14. elbo

elbo Registered

Thanks, never knew that was an option. This is a perfectly suitable solution and thanks for the fantastic plugin.

15. mancslo

mancslo Registered

This is single player mode and i did not change Spotter car legth value. What is the default enyway?

16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Default is 4.5 meters, I am away from CC now so some of things I am saying might not be entirely precise. You can click on restore to default on any setting in preferences window BTW.

Single player - very surprising. I mosty race single and never seen this behavior... this is the latest version of CC, right? There have been some fixes in couple of previous versions around this, so make sure to update to the latest.

Lastly, in video, is it you driving or AI? What car set and track is that? Thanks.

17. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Hi Iron Wolf,
    Seeing his YT piece, I remembered I had this on Saturday night in practice during a Dedi server session.
    I mentioned it to my online co-simmer and according to TM, he thought I must have a ghost car :) (driving APEX rF2 F1 2017 on RaceRfactor Spa)
    But yeah, everytime we start a session with CC, I cannot believe I am hearing this incredibly precise data from this amazing program, a little bug is no problem then ;)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  18. mancslo

mancslo Registered

This is Camaro and SaoPaulo. But in other track is the same. cc is daily upgraded. But a few days ago I'm reinstall rf2. Maby i must reinstall CC too?

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

One more question guys - is that happening to you every time you race, or just sometimes?

20. ceecee

ceecee Registered

First time I noticed it !
    And we use CC for some months now every Friday night for 7 hours on average.
    Program fully updated everytime we start.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017