[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Can't we just map both Radical cars (LHD and RHD) to the existing Crew Chief LMP3 class?

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

@FuzzyFassbender as I said earlier I'll check why user defined class doesn't work, but I will also add Radicals to our builtin classes. If you have temperature range/brake type suggestions, let me know, otherwise I'll treat them as prototypes. Overrides of builtin classes works for sure, so people will be able to override temps to their tastes.

3. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Thanks @The Iron Wolf. As for temp suggestions, I haven't had enough time with the Radical to come up with good thresholds. The CC values seemed incorrect as originally stated hence why I've gone down this path of testing/overriding the CC default temps.

Question, do tire temp thresholds need to be under a tire type structure as in the json example below (AC)?

"acTyreTypeData": {
    "Trofeo M Slicks (M)": {
    "maxColdTyreTemp": 75,
    "maxWarmTyreTemp": 90,
    "maxHotTyreTemp": 120
    },
    "Trofeo H Slicks (H)": {
    "maxWarmTyreTemp": 100,
    "maxHotTyreTemp": 140
    }

Or, can they be as below - if there is only a single tire choice:

{
    "carClassEnum": "Radical SR3 RSX",
    "rf2ClassNames": ["Radical SR3 RSX"],
    "maxSafeWaterTemp": 105,
    "maxSafeOilTemp": 140,
    "maxWarmTyreTemp": 90,
    "maxHotTyreTemp": 120,
    "timesInHundredths": true,
    "enabledMessageTypes": "ALL",
    },

Also, I "assume" that if the CC hot "Celsius" temp is 120, but I'm using Fahrenheit in rF2, I will hear the warning when I see 248 degrees F, correct?

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I downloaded Radicals. both LHD and RHD use same vehicle class string, so I am not sure why would we ever consider that a multiclass race.

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Ok, so first, for the future reference, here's easiest way to find vehicle class string:
    [​IMG]

Here's how you can define your car class unknown to Crew Chief:
    {
    "carClassEnum": "Radical",
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "Radical SR3 RSX" ],
    "brakeType": "Ceramic",
    "timesInHundredths": true,
    "enabledMessageTypes": "ALL"
    }

If you want to keep this change between updates, please follow instructions from this thread http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?27-Customizing-Car-Classes on how to create car class file in Documents.

When CC loads, you can see car class recognized:
    12:18:09.602 : Car class enum for Radical not found
    12:18:09.604 : Adding a user defined class with ID Radical
    12:18:09.606 : Loaded 68 default car class definitions and 1 user defined car class definitions
    12:18:09.748 : Using unmapped driver last name duhan for raw driver name dom duhan
    12:18:09.750 : New driver dom duhan is using car class Radical at position 13
    12:18:09.844 : Player is using car class Radical at position 14

I will add this as builtin into Crew Chief.

ECAR_Tracks and Alex72 like this.
  6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Per tire type temps are only implemented for AC. For rF2, it is a single temperature range (your latter example).

CC uses Celsius internally, so yes, your understanding is correct :)

FuzzyFassbender likes this.
  7. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Just a thank you very much, i just installed it and it's working great. A must have for VR users imho.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Hey does Crew Chief read weather status? Does rF2 even export that data to begin with? Would be pretty nice to have it like real life :)

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

When it starts to rain CC should announce it already. Also, there's a message for rain intensity change.
    If you are wondering about forecast, I don't think that's exposed. We could probably parse .wet file ourselves, but that's fragile approach that'll break if there's plugin running that sets weather via internals API.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I see thanks. Would be nice to have some warnings about possibility of rain in next x minutes, etc

11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Bug, if you're the only one on track, it thinks you're in last place, which I guess you are, but you're also first place. If you have swearing on he swears at you if you're last place. :oops:

tjc likes this.
  12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Is that with a new version? Sorry havent been able to check that last couple days. But i have been practicing before alone and i never heard CC say something to that effect, only times, temps, damage and brake temps. Or do you mean if the rest of the pack is in pits while you are on the track? Thought i could maybe do a little test.

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Can you give a bit more details. Is it in Race? Online? Was it when everyone left?

14. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Latest version. I was online alone, and it was saying I was last. It was a practice session.

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Was it a race session? Have you started it alone?
    Edit: BTW, version 1.1.0.1 of plugin itself has issues with online that can sometimes cause weird behavior. I am working on a new version of a plugin right now.

Alex72 likes this.
  16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Guys,

We need your help testing major rework of Crew Chief in rFactor 2. Functionality wise, it should be the same as it was (for now). The only difference, which is unlikely to be noticeable, is higher refresh rate for spotter. Also, old version used interpolated positions, and in some rare cases CC might've announced wrong things in spotter. Now, we use real positions from the game.

Beta 4.7.7.0
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?38-Beta-Test-Thread&p=605&viewfull=1#post605

I want to thank Marcel for help with UpdateTelemetry API, Devin for online server, and Jim for helping with pushing out of this beta and continued fantastic work on Crew Chief.

Please, let me know if something doesn't work as it used to. Thanks!

adamfarmer, ceecee, Juan and 2 others like this.
  17. Juan

Juan Registered

Great ! :)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  18. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

So far so good for me, I don't notice any differences (performance wise) with v4.7.7.0. Anything in particular we should pay attention to?

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks for confirming - this is exactly the best outcome I am hoping to hear, that it works with no differences. Were you able to try it in an online session?

To clarify: this is not a performance change. In some extreme cases this version is faster than v1, but refresh rate/precision does not matter much for CC. The key goal was to be able to expose whole rF2 read model, something I couldn't do with v1, which was re-work/extension of rF1 plugin (and that was limiting what I could've done with it). v2 of plugin is a complete redesign. rF2 model is richer than rF1, and we're planning to add some rF2 specific features to CC in the months ahead. This version of plugin will make that possible.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Wow, I downloaded this the other day and have been trying it out. WOW. Easy to install, easy to update (it tells me and then does it all, np) easy to use. I haven't tried voice recognition yet but am willing to have a go when more time allows,

Thank you to The Iron Wolf and Mr Belowski for this fine piece of work.