[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Kyzriel

Kyzriel Registered

Sure thing. Sorry for the late-ish response.
    https://pastebin.com/yxTgMi4y

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Hmm... can't see anything obviously wrong. The app isn't caching any of the sounds - do you have cache_sounds and load_sounds_on_startup checked in the Properties screen?

3. Kyzriel

Kyzriel Registered

cache_sounds is disabled.
    load_sound_files_on_startup is enabled.

I don't remember ever changing these, so I imagine those are the defaults?

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

no, cache_sounds is enabled by default. It might be worth deleting you settings - remove this directory and restart the app:
    C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd\

5. Kyzriel

Kyzriel Registered

Tried that, didn't help. I also noticed there was a CrewChiefV4 folder in /AppData/Local that had all the sound files, so I tried deleting that as well to redownload them. Also didn't seem to help, sadly. It looks like all the files are there, it's just not able to play anything other than the background/pit noise for whatever reason.

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Then I'm a bit stumped. Another console log might help here but I expect that it'll show the app loading and caching the sounds, and playing them (although there might be some unexpected error in there). I *think* that the app believes it's playing the sounds and all is well. Might be worth opening your windows 'volume mixer' and checking that the app's volume isn't muted.

Also bear in mind that the app will only output voice sounds to the default audio playback device - check that this is set correctly in the Playback Devices control panel

7. Kyzriel

Kyzriel Registered

I suppose another console log couldn't hurt... https://pastebin.com/231Bb7WN

Everything checks out with the Windows volume mixer and playback devices...

Decided to check if maybe SteelSeries Engine / SteelSeries Audio (for my headset) was interfering somehow, but disabling it didn't bear any fruit. I've had this since long before I started using Crew Chief, though. However, I will try uninstalling it in a couple hours to test further and make completely sure it's not interfering.

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Yeah, the console log looks like everything is working. CC will output to whatever was the default sound device at the point when you start the app - it won't switch output if you change the default after starting it.

I guess the other things to check are your .Net install (is it up to date?) and if there are any errors in the Windows Application logs (in the Event Logs view - look for .Net errors).

9. Kyzriel

Kyzriel Registered

.NET is up to date and there were no errors.

I uninstalled the SSAudio stuff for my headset and restarted my computer, and it seems Crew Chief is working normally now. I guess there's some kind of compatibility issue between SSAudio and Crew Chief in their most recent versions? Seems kind of odd though...

Edit: Just for clarification, I still have SteelSeries Engine installed, so it's something specific to the SSAudio "driver" that handles the processing for virtual surround and such for the Arctis 3 headset. I don't know how it would react with the Arctis 5 or 7 since those use USB and have their own separate drivers that don't piggyback off of whatever your headset is plugged in to.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    The Iron Wolf likes this.
  10. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

I'm getting a "tires are cold" message even though I may have 10-15 laps on the tires. I seem to remember seeing something to adjust, anyone?

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

12. FuzzyFassbender

13. FuzzyFassbender

Related question, how do I determine the car "class", example rF2 Radical?

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

In garage/monitor, expand the list of drivers and see Vehicle Class text. Crew Chief will automatically create class on the fly (using that string). Or, check Results folder and <CarClass> entries.

You can then see class in console output (I have T5 mapped to DTM in CC):
    12:56:25.724 : New driver __ is using car class DTM at position 16

If Radicals use separate vehicle class for each vehicle (some sets do that) then feel free to send me list of strings, we will add a class. Probably something similar to KTM will do.

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Remember they are updating the Radical very soon. Might be that the tires are cold so quickly because of some issue. Always good to learn how to make changes in CC though. :)

16. FuzzyFassbender

Thanks again @The Iron Wolf, I see the "rf2ClassNames" in the expanded driver list.
    But, I haven't found where the "carClassEnum" comes from. I thought I would use the json file's definition for the ISI StockCar as an example but can't find a match for "carClassEnum: ISI_STOCKCAR_2015". The folder name and "Component" name in StockCar_2015.mft "StockCar_2015" - I don't see where "ISI_STOCKCAR_2015" is defined.

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

ISI_STOCKCAR_2015 is coming from the code. However, if you are using certain mod we haven't covered or mapped, carClassEnum will be special internal value, but for grouping CC will use car class name from game. So, if Radical uses RADICAL_SR3 (I am guessing), we will internally auto generate special with GT race car defaults, which maps to RADICAL_SR3 class.

What do you get in the CC output when you start race with Radicals? IIRC it'll print the name for class coming from the game for autogenerated classes. If you tell me the class name and desired parameters (or I can base it off prototype) I'll add class to CC.

I do not specifically remember where in content it comes from (.veh?). I usually start race, finish race, look into Results log: (rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results\) scan for <CarClass>. Then, to override such class, follow the guide and create carClassDefinitions in %userprofile%\Documents\CrewChiefV4\ . For car class enum string use any string you want, but for mapping (for example, "rf2ClassNames": [ "RADICAL_SR3" ]) use Radical car class string from the game.

It is very confusing and possibly has bugs, but we needed all that flexibility for moddable games, as we can't cover all content :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  18. FuzzyFassbender

@The Iron Wolf, below is from the log. I've added "Radical SR3 RSX" as the carClassEnum but I get the error in CC startup.

<VehFile>SR3_09.VEH</VehFile>
    <UpgradeCode>00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000</UpgradeCode>
    <VehName>Radical SR3 09 Right Drive</VehName>
    <Category>Radical SR3 RSX</Category>
    <CarType>Radical SR3 RSX</CarType>
    <CarClass>Radical SR3 RSX</CarClass>
    <CarNumber>09</CarNumber>

json:
    "carClassEnum": "Radical SR3 RSX",
    "rf2ClassNames": ["Radical SR3 RSX"],

Crew Chief startup:
    19:51:15.569 : Check for updates completed
    19:51:37.704 : Using game definition rFactor 2 (64 bit)
    19:51:38.033 : Car class enum for Radical SR3 RSX not found
    19:51:38.038 : Loaded 68 default car class definitions and 68 user defined car class definitions
    19:51:38.073 : Starting queue monitor

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

thanks for reporting this. I'll investigate.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I found an mini-issue with the Radicals last night on the S397 Server, CC kept telling me I was fastest in Class during the race which I clearly was not and it occurred to me I may of been the only one in the Right Hand Drive model. It's not the best naming system from S397 so I'll bet that is why and there's probably not much you can do in CC to counteract it, but reporting just in case. :)