Creators Update Crashes RF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Robert Fruth, Apr 13, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I had to re-install several times and then suddenly things began to work. The Logitech profiler is not 100% working at this pt, but the missing functions seem to be there. Thanks for the help

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Well this update was a complete waste of time for me,had to reinstall all my drivers and yet the game bar recording doesn't even work.
    Thanks Microsoft tho for the extra 20 odd processes running that weren't before the update

Robert Fruth likes this.
  3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

4. muz_j

muz_j Registered

I logged in just to reply to this thread.
    I noticed rF2 wasn't starting up for me a few days ago, after doing the Creators Update too. I hadn't been stressed about it, but wanted to fire it up this evening.
    Getting to the point - I found in my case - just having the Rivatuner Statistics Server and MSI Afterburner running was the issue.
    I haven't uninstalled them, but I found closing them down and ensuring they're not resident in memory was enough to resolve my issue with rF2 failing to start.
    ...now I'll just need to relook at the manually installed content that I disabled....but in terms of the start up problem - that's now solved :)
    Cheers for the pointer Peter - that saved me a fair bit of hassle :)

5. muz_j

muz_j Registered

My last comment on this - just to close off my problem and give anyone else a tip who needs it.
    I restored Rivatuner Statistics Server to a happily working state, by upgrading to the latest version which is v7.0 and it's currently a Beta, but that version works nicely with the creator's update, where as the previous one would not. So problem completely solved and I've still got the Rivatuner OSD :)
    You can find the various versions here:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

6. vict0r

vict0r Registered

Start from reinstalling Steam. I've lost 6 hours trying to sort and nothing worked. The last thing before new windows was reinstalling steam and somehow the game works now.