creating New Team ONLINE

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by AceLain, Jun 25, 2014.

1. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi guys.

Quick question here.

lets say that I want to create 2 new teams for the ISI corvette with my own skin.

one for me and one for my friend.

I think I found how to do it, but I would like to know if my way is the good way.

So first I need to create a new component with the 2 default mas file and a "edited" _team.mas

so I am able to extrat all the info from the _team.mas.

changing the .dds
    editing the HDV with my names, team name, number, pitgroup... and the new default skin.

repack the 3 .mas file to create a .rfcmp, creating a Getmod link with Noel tool.

after that, I can create a vMod using the new car and voila, my friend can join my server using a his car.

all seem really good.
    The only thing that I see is that to create a team, I must pack the 3 mas file including all the car/model/physique/team.
    Is there a way to just include the _team.mas ?

same thing if I just want to add a single driver/team to the mod... I still need to create a completly new car... when in fact all the physique for the car is already installed with the default ISI_Corvette

What do you guys suggesting ?

AceLain

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sorry it took so long to respond. I read this on my phone and wanted to wait until I was at a computer to respond and then totally forgot about it.

If you only want to include the teams.mas then you will have to do it as an "update" component. The problem is update components don't support GetMod. But if you want to make an update then do this.

First, use my tool like you did to build your full component. But this time when you use my tool make sure you use the exact same component name as ISI's. Then on the mas list, only include the teams.mas. Then hold down the Ctrl key when pressing the Package button in my tool. This will cause my tool to build the rfcmp and then open it up in the MAS2 tool where you can make changes to it before doing the actual build. Once MAS2 pops up, click the checkmark that says "Update from" and then type the version number of the original component which you are wanting to patch. Then increment the version number of your update component. So for example, set it to update from 1.43 and then set your component version number to 1.44. But remember, the component name needs to exactly match the component name you are trying to update. Once you have that set, click the package button. When it is done packaging it should close and then return to my tool.

Note that this Ctrl+Package feature is only in the special build I PMed to you (1.0.0.11). The public build doesn't have that yet. I don't plan to release that version publicly because I plan to add full support for updates on my next public release.

Oh one last thing. The teams.mas has to include all of the teams from the original teams.mas that you are updating. The two mas files are not merged, it is actually just overwriting the original teams.mas. Well, you don't have to include all the original VEH files if you don't want them. Just know that if you do want the original cars to still show up you will have to include them in your new MAS file. I wish it didn't work this way. I wish it was possible to add a single VEH to an 1.44 update... then a few weeks later add another VEH file for a 1.45 update. The way it is now the updates get larger and larger because they aren't actually incremental. I am probably not wording this very well. I hope you understand what I am saying.

3. AceLain

AceLain Registered

thanks I will give it a try.
    but if GetMod don't support update... it is not really what I am looking for

maybe one day it will ?

Thanks
    AceLain

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I hope so. But to clarify, this is a limitation of the game, not my tools.

5. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Yeah yeah, I know :)

your tool is great by the way :)
    not had the chance to test it full wise, but for what I used it it worked perfect.

Thanks

6. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Sory to hijack the thread but its appropriate for what I am trying to find...

I want to be able to add a skin pack into a race series...is there any way to do this?
    I can skin and put my own car in, but is there a way to get everyones skins included in a mod for a league setup?

Many thanks if you can point me in the right direction.

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This is exactly the process I outlined in my post here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showpost.php?p=286818

8. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks noel.
    I'll try and get my head round that .
    Was hoping there might be a complete dummies guide somewhere

9. JackFeelsNerves

JackFeelsNerves Registered

Component Builder / MAS2.exe not working as described?

I'm trying to follow your instructions, but when I reach this point, the Component Builder tool opens MAS2.exe, creates the .rfcmp file and then closes MAS2 again without stopping. It does this whether I hold down CTRL or not.

I started down this road because although it's relatively easy to create an updated .rfcmp file which contains new skins, I'm only able to make it work in single player. No success (yet) hosting with an update like this; with the update installed, I can't figure out out how to make a .vmod which works. Choosing the update from the vehicle list results in no cars appearing in the server's dialog box when setting up.

I would appreciate any insight, please.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

just read Noels posting...

11. JackFeelsNerves

JackFeelsNerves Registered

Ah ok, I was assuming that because his post is over 3 months old, the support he mentioned would have been implemented.

I'd still like to find out if anyone has successfully hosted using an update like this. Maybe I'm missing a vital step or something, but I can't see how to arrange the .vmod for the server. :/