creating an update package doesn´t work

Discussion in 'Modding' started by doberk, Feb 21, 2017.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

Hello, I have modified some files of a mod, and now I would like to package only modified files instead of the entire mod. I would like to create a component called update1.rfcmp which could update the files in the installed mod.

I have read the official documentacion of ISI about packaging:
    http://imagespaceinc.com/downloads/rf2/modsresources/rF2_Packaging_Tutorial.pdf

In "Can I..." section it says:
    Code:
    Can I … create “patches” to distribute to my MOD’s beta testers?
    Yes. Again, you can do this by putting the altered files in an update.
    By doing this you can incrementally increase the MOD version until
    you’ve reached its’ final state.

What I have done is:

1º to create a mas file update1.mas which contains modified files.
    2º to create a rfcmp with the same name of the original mod.
    3º to write 1.1 in "version" box
    4º to check "Update from" box and to write 1.0
    5º to select Vehicle in "Type"
    6º to set info properties
    7º to add update1.mas file
    8º to create package update1.rfcmp

Finally, I have installed the new package and update1.mas was inserted in a new folder called 1.1 inside the root folder of the mod. But it doesn´t work. The mod doesn´t load. Where am I wrong??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    knackko likes this.
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I don´t know if it works at the moment as expected, I remember that there where problems in the past.
    However your workflow seems correct.
    Are you sure you didn´t screwed up anything? I would suggest to just test one tiny (but instantly visible) change first.

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Updates work, but....

- the update should contain main files apart of the modified ones: this is scn, gdb... for tracks and hdv, gen... for cars.

- in order to create a vmod with the update,you should include the update in the vmod by marking the leftmost verification mark in the last screen of the vmod creation process. Otherwise it won't work.

- Once the update is created/installed and the vmod containing it has also been created, move the updating rfcmp from packages folder. It used to give problems.

4. doberk

doberk Registered

Hello, thank you for your comments. The update is already working fine. Was my fault because there was a mistake in one of the updated files. My workflow is correct, the steps I described are correct to create an update. Is not necessary to add more files than modified, you can create an update with only one file.

And finally I have uploaded it to Dropbox and configured link in Get-Mod. When creating rfmod, you only have to select only the last version of the component (will appear both 1.0 and 1.1). People who enter the server is updated automatically.