Create multiple admins ?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by JohnW63, Apr 16, 2018.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I know we can have 1 Super Admin and up to 3 regular Admins. How do you create Admin 2 and 3 ? Can you just copy and paste the Admin line of code and create 2 new admin names and passwords ?

It would be great if there was a way to only give SOME admin rights. Probably wishful thinking.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Open rFactor 2 multiplayer.JSON and edit line "Admin Password":"XXXX", and "SuperAdminPassword":"XXXX", and save.
    Give Admin password (XXXX) to SOME you like to have admin rights or super-admin password (XXXX) to SOME you like to have super-admin rights.
    To become admin type in game chat: /admin XXXX or to become super-admin type /admin XXXX.

3. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

That doesn't answer my question. The JSON file says I can have up to THREE Admins, not three people logged in as the same Admin account. It sounds like thee ACCOUNTS can be made. "One super-admin plus three regular admins are now allowed."

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You can not make any admin accounts, only Admin Password and Super-Admin Password can be made.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

One person can log in as super admin, up to three can log in as normal admin (using the same password). You can't assign different rights to different admins, or have different passwords. If you really wanted that sort of thing you could potentially set up your own plugin/program on the server to do its own sign-in and provide commands (which it would then enter directly into the server, as appropriate) but that's a fair bit of work. Is it really that important to you?