Create a small track with Trackmaker 1.0

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Mario Morais, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Hey bink i can't open the file. Can save to max 2010 version.

2. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Hey bink i can't open the file. Can save to max 2010 version.

I think the only way is to export to FBX

3. Bink

Bink Registered

sorry... origin file made with win7, max2011..

New file save-as 2010... and tested on xp, max2010 here to make sure: View attachment 9145

edit: I did not try it with the MM camera (not sure if I have it).. but tested with my script's 'fast offset calculated' camera, and it looked pretty good. Something weird about the file though... I might look at the origin, and try resetting xForms today.. as some things in the fastSpline editor were not working as expected. It's nice to have this as a 5th test track... though.. I was not expecting such a mess of modifiers when trying to select the track surface... Will have to make provisions for that... perhaps I need to go for the base object in any stack.... but worried that that could be a spline on mm's track..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  4. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

this file is ok now!

WOW!!! nice lines!!!
    You cam is to fast!
    I add a MMCAM with fast line. works perfect and smooth. i use more frames 1100 for this track with 25FPS

i use Edit Poly modifier. Of course if collapse we can get the surface. But is easy if your script found a Edit poly modifier don't use baseobject. but unfortunately not all functions in editable poly exist in Edit Poly modifier. In Pointtools script i work with both and have some differences.

Edit: You use the waypoints boxes? or is it just for viewing?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  5. Bink

Bink Registered

Here... this one's better... the origin was a couple km away*... so I moved it to the track center, reset xForms... then rebuilt the fastSpline... much nicer now .... I'll have to look into what's the deal when the origin is so far from center. (*mine are 6 to 9 km from the track at all times... but the track big, and is centered on world origin 0,0,0 )

edit: I only use the waypoint objs when the script wakes up... when.. it looks through the scene for things it knows it made, and loads their metadata (udp).

... I don't even use the fastSpline after it's distance to each wp has been found.. keep it though so when the user becomes accustom to their track... and KNOWs where it needs changing.. they can.

yea... I usually start off by asking user to select all main track sections.
    Then.. the script clones everything... "attach" all the cloned pieces, weld the s#^! out of them, remove dead structs..... make a snapshot mesh (for loading into the voxel grids)... and so on..

just need to collapse the clone stacks before attaching them..

..ed2: the cam I tested with hasn't been posted yet.. it's the one internal to aiwThing and uses a different method than yours, and my posted one (aiCam).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  6. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Thanks. Is better now.

The way how calculate the fast line is brilliant. The apex are in the right position.! great!

My CAM calculates the number of frames using the circuit length, cam speed and FPS.

About the Xobjects I will add this function.

7. Radar

Radar Registered

Nice to see you guys working together in producing one tool to do many things. :)

8. Bink

Bink Registered

yes.. nice to be on different continents working on completely separate projects...

ACT, eh?.. have some code running just north of you... but mostly worked with the... what do you guys say.. 'cowboys' up in the middle... as well as FNQ.