Crazy AI during races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matheus Pucci, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Matheus Pucci

Matheus Pucci Registered

Hey guys, i'm having a huge problem when going to races. It doesn't matter if i use a 397 car / track or modded, AI wil go out of the track on braking zones and crash if there is a barrier near the track. The problem is more often during races. I've already tried to use AI learning mode and it works during one session but they dont "learn" to the other sessions. I've been playing rFactor 2 for a couple of years and never had this problem before.

As you can see on the images below, during practice the line is normal but during races the cars go out.

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just a blind shot, try renaming your UserData folder. Then transfer your control profiles back into the new folder that will be created.

Matheus Pucci likes this.
  3. Matheus Pucci

Matheus Pucci Registered

I did reinstall the game and nothing changed but i'll try your advice and reply. Thanks!

4. Matheus Pucci

Matheus Pucci Registered

Didn't work. AI is not overtaking on straights and they are are making some zigzag when too close of the car in front instead of overtaking them

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm assuming this is with the latest Release Candidate? Please make a video showing the behavior and post it here. Hopefully the devs can then see what is happening. Try to only include when the AI misbehave.

6. Matheus Pucci

Matheus Pucci Registered

Yes. I've been running some tests and what i found is that the issue is a combo between track and mod. I've "solved" the track issue by editing AIW files but the mod i dont know where can i find a solution. The great problem is with cars closing up each other, they will have strange behavior and crash