Crashes when starting a race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by CALEB POWELL, Sep 29, 2022.

1. CALEB POWELL

CALEB POWELL Registered

Loading into the game it makes me install around 90 or so content packs (I bought the game today and have 2 purchased packs), it downloads most of them but about 10 or so say additional unknown downloads required. It continues any way and then I am sent to the main game menu. I choose single player, then i click start race and nothing else. The game then proceeds to crash and then its the same thing all over again. I attached the trace file from my most recent try.

Attached Files:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do you have free disk space?

Does the game actually show a car and track to choose from?

3. CALEB POWELL

CALEB POWELL Registered

I have plenty of available space, the game will not even launch anymore though. When it was launching everything in tyhe main menu and race setup was working it just woundn't let me start a race.I saw a different thread with the same issue that said it was a known issue that is being fixed, is this the case?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's some race- (or session-) start crashing that's apparently a known issue (not really any details) but you have content issues, and that's a separate thing.

Your trace file shows 7 cars installed but no tracks (as far as I can work out). It's like you're either out of space or there's some issue preventing the installation (access rights perhaps). That's why I wondered if you'd actually selected a track, as right now I'd guess that part of the menu will be blank.

I would say try renaming your Userdata folder, verify rF2 files in steam, and try again, as a first step. (since it will no longer launch)

You might want to try setting the game or steam to run as admin in case that makes any difference (if you already are, try turning it off). If you can try another trace file and attach it, maybe it'll show something more...

*one final random thought - just make sure your rF2 folder has a "Packages" folder inside it (create one if not). I doubt that will even affect the above, but worth a check.

5. CALEB POWELL

CALEB POWELL Registered

This has fixed whatever issue i was having, the game works fine now. Thanks for the help