Crashes on loading Track

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Kincade, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Kincade

Kincade Registered

Hi,
    after many years, i gave rfactor a new try.
    After some Sessions i bought some content.
    Now there comes the Problems. The best i can recreat is loading Nurburgring Grand Prix. Everytime at 100% it crashes to the Desktop without warning. Just practice without AI.
    I had this on other nuerbrurging variations after i drove and pressed esc. then i saw the menu for a second and crash to the desktop. But not everytime, last time on the nordschleife 24h. i try to recreate this also.
    in the Log File is now only the Nuerburging loading crash.
    Two times the screen freezes, but i hear the game in the background and can drive... Until it happens again, i dont have a log file for this. normal temps, just 7gb vram in use.
    What ive done? completely deleted everything and did a fresh install, unmarked shop Content, thats not official.

my specs:
    Win 10
    Ryzen 5 5600x
    16gb ram
    RX6700XT
    SSD
    Fanatec CSW 2.5

Edit: now i drove since 20 Minutes Practice at the Nuerburgring 24h sprint version without Problems. Went to the Pit, click on drive and out of nowhere the rfactor start Screen appears. (when you start the game: "click to start" screen) But the game is running in the background normaly...
    man, its a realy great sim and i want to drive more and in leagues... But how? :(

Edit2: it seems it has mostly to do with the Nürburgring Variations...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  2. Kincade

Kincade Registered

The log file from the starting screen error after 20 min Practice.

Attached Files:

3. Francisco

Francisco Registered

have you been able to fix it? the same thing happens to me

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You have an AMD video card, for some months now the AMD drivers have not been compatible with rF2. Use DDU to uninstall your current driver and use v22.5.1. Or try to turn off as many AMD specific functions in the Radeon App.

Kincade and Lazza like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

6. Francisco

Francisco Registered

It seems that the problem is solved with software 22.5.1 and deleting drivers, but I don't understand having amd software with old graphics :(

7. Gadget11

Gadget11 Registered

I had a similar problem - it was not the graphics but there were no speakers plugged in !!

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not the same problem, because this is AMD. If you solved your issue please post in your thread so people know.

9. Kincade

Kincade Registered

sorry for the late answer. The older driver fixed the Problem... but sometimes the driver is still crashing with n amd error and the screen freezed. but only 2 times after 10 hrs driving...

but thats not a good solution at all, cause there are some games i cant play now.... yeah, maybe its amds problem to fix this, but a developer cant ignore this. Because now i cant play they game... Man... such a good sim and now i know, why nobody is driving this...

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They are looking into it.

Kincade likes this.
  11. Kincade

Kincade Registered

thanks, i hope for it. It's been a long time since I was so excited by a sim.
    Now I want to enjoy it too. :D

Rf is on a great way and people now have to recognize what has happened. It's just hard to convince when you're struggling with instability.

12. cyan5tar

cyan5tar Registered

So whats the current state here?
    Right now im pretty pissed about this situation.
    As it was stated before, need to use an old driver which denys other games is not an actuall solution.
    I bought content to participate in a league but im doomed because i cant drive this combination i needed to buy (Bahrain/Porsche 992)
    This one have to be fixed.
    Again, using an older driver might work for RF2 but it is not for different other games.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The state is the same, they're testing AMD and trying to find the cause of the problem. The current workaround isn't a solution, indeed.

14. cyan5tar

cyan5tar Registered

i mean its a thing which is going on for a few month now. i also enabled my tracelog and had the same issue, obviously.
    but i mean there where a few driver updates got released by amd and the issue is still not taken care of.
    is it 100% sure it is not an rf2 issue? because as said before from other guys around here.
    there are combinations i can drive also in multiplayer which do not crash.
    im just a bit mad right now because i own content now im not able to drive if i dont spend another 400-800 bucks to get a proper nvidia card.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's rF2 and AMD. Some/most content in rF2 doesn't crash (so it's an rF2 problem), old AMD drivers don't crash (so it's an AMD problem). Either or both can look into fixing it, but obviously AMD probably wouldn't bother too much with rF2 specifically (I think other games are affected too, but may have different root causes, who knows).

It's been a year or close to it, but only recently S397 have taken steps to try and address it directly. So hopefully they can work it out soon - which in rF2 land is measured in months, not days or weeks.

16. cyan5tar

cyan5tar Registered

So since 2 month past away, im interested in what the current state is.
    The e-mail i received was telling something like they are investigating and there should be a patch coming up for it.
    But i didnt found anything about it yet.

Right now since time is running by, an older driver starts to cause some serious warnings and issues with other games.
    But as the most racing i do is rfactor this is an honest request to have this issue fixed somewhere in the near future.

Greetings

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's been no update yet, so presumably they haven't worked it out yet.

18. cyan5tar

cyan5tar Registered

this is a damn joke and inacceptable.
    Imagine putting mutliple hundreds of dollars into an rig to race in for me one of the best simulations and you get screwed because you chose the wrong graphics card.
    You cant rely peoples are happy with using an outdated driver just to run the game in a somewhat "stable" way.
    I will get in touch with the support again. this is not acceptable for me in any way.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Who's relying? They're working on it. Emailing support won't speed it up.