SOLVED Crash on startup

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kleintenk, Jun 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kleintenk

kleintenk Registered

Hi all,

long time user, but since a long pause I cannot get Rfactor 2 running. After opening I get white screen with mouse cursor and then black with mouse cursor, after that it crashes to deskop. I tried everything, deleting User data, runtimes, completely new fresh install... Nothing is working... please see below the log:

Attached Files:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. kleintenk

kleintenk Registered

Lazza likes this.
  4. JD Racing

JD Racing Registered

Didn't work for me. The developer is ignoring the hundreds of people suffering since the release of the new UI and has done nothing to fix the issues. I have tried all the so called fixes the public have suggested including, check file integrity, delete and re-install and the runtime files etc etc. Happy to keep your money. Clearly don't care or have no idea how to fix the problem they created. Even the email address on this sight is not valid and bounces back.

5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Did you run the runtime files, you have to run the runtime files so they work correctly.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Wha? IF it was a bug in the program, more than just a few would be complaining. If it was a bug, simple procedures to correct it by the user would not work. It IS an inconvience, due to the myriad of system configurations. Often users here have run into the problem and can solve the issue. I have an intel/AMD system with Win11. All systems should match mine. Then we could call our boxes a console, but since we don't we have to deal with boxes/systems that just don't operate homogeneously with the rest of the user group. I will agree that this has afflicted some users. I balk at hundreds.(since that would be just about everybody online every day) If you have a persistent problem that @Lazza or other users can't solve, then try discord and be sure to mention one of the devs like @Christopher Elliott or @Paul Jeffrey et. al. And keep checking in here with any progress or lack of progress.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@JD Racing Same problem doesn't mean the same thing will fix it. That's why when someone has an issue they describe what happens and what they've tried already, then we can suggest other things to do or ask for further information/diagnostics.

Randomly replying to loosely related threads really doesn't achieve anything.

I agree many of these issues are silly, should be fixed and/or provide much better feedback or guidance on how to get the game working. I can barely imagine how frustrating it must be to have a game and you literally can't run it - and that's why we try to help out.

Make your own thread, describe exactly what is or isn't happening, and hopefully we can help solve it.

8. JD Racing

JD Racing Registered

A huge thanks to Tim for helping me get rFactor2 running and overcoming the crashing. Unfortunately i was given some bad advice by people on the forum that was the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.