Crash in dev mode

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Roninho, May 14, 2021.

1. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Hi i'm having a problem in dev mode.
    When i play the game everything works fine, however when i want to play the game in the dev mode the game crashes to desktop. This happens when i load the track and when the bar hits 100% i have a ctd.

This only happens in dev mode. It also happens when i race the skipbarber car on joesville (original content). CTD everytime. I tried older versions of the game and up to newest version. I deleted plugins and have no d3d9.dll in my 64 folder.

However, the weird thing is when i delete all vehicles except for skipbarber then i can play in devmode in joesville. The moment i add another vehicle to the vehicles folder i get a ctd (even when playing skipbarber).
    So it seems related to adding a folder to vehicles?

Any help on this?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like the vehicle(s) you're adding has some issues with how it's been done. Are these your own vehicles, or are you bringing some others in? Are they unencrypted, so you can pull all the files out? Have you copied the skip barber folder structure and checked the .gen file entries for folders and mas files match what you have?

Often people will simply ask you to send them your files so they can find the issue, as it's usually quicker than asking you all sorts of questions to try and help you find the issue.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

@Roninho As @Lazza has said, one or some of the Cars, that you want to use in DevMode, are not made properly.
    And the Reason, that if you want to drive the SkipBarber, the DevMode crashes while also having another Car in DevMode is, that one of the other Cars gets used as the Safety Car then.
    So if it's a bad made Mod and the Safety Car gets loaded, the Game crashes.

EDIT And if you need some help with it, open a private Conversation with me. ;)

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  4. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Thank you for your replies! I send you @redapg a pm.
    @Lazza The mods i'm using are downloaded via steam and are the F-isi 2012 season and the CART '98 mod. I
    I simply copy/pasted the vehicle folder from the main game and put it in dev mod. I tried both the vehicle folder with the updated mas file (i changed AI names, which worked since i can see the changes in the dev mode version) as well as later an unchanged vehicle folder. Both versions have the CTD issue.
    I will look into the folder structure as you said, since i didnt take that into considerations.

If there are any guides on this (how to add a mod to dev mode and/or change ai names) please let me know.

c

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  6. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Thank you all for your replies!