Couple of suggested easy fixes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christos Segkounas, Sep 21, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tim is still around in the Discord channel, Chris has essentially taken over the Forums/Social Media department from Tim.

2. Jon

Jon Registered

I tried Discord, but it appeared to be seemingly random comments flying about everywhere. Not sure how anything constructive can be said there, or at least not in any detail, although in fairness I only had a brief look and then uninstalled so it's possible I got the wrong impression.

SPASKIS likes this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep most of the time in the #General room it's simply that...general chat about anything and everything. Occasionally though a decent conversation starts with a Dev and there have been some good insights during those, the other channels are very helpful (#Support & #modtalk for example) and those of us in there have helped many people since it started when they've had issues. It is essentially a Chat Room program, if you have spare time to chat every now and then it's great, if not no biggy.

Jon likes this.
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I have really considered doing so but I have the feeling that the way of doing things is too different to what I would expect. I would better fit in some kind of simulation validation and adjustment team, which is what I am used to do in my job. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing any testing job if I didn't have access to real data to compare with. Without real data you might be able to say something is wrong. However, in order to confirm that something is correctly simulated it doesn't work that way. It is much easier to prove something wrong than right. It has to do with the concept of believable result and consistency/robustness when the simulation reacting as expected to variations in the input data.

For the above reason, it is much easier for me to highlight negative aspect regarding simulation rather than a positive one. As you all know I arise louder the simulation bugs that me and others find, rather than congratulating devs when something is properly done, which I can barely ever prove.

I perfectly know that absolutely nobody likes to be questioned about his job. I don't either. However, I am of the opinion that when something is done wrong it should be noted. The objective of this critic is to provoke a positive reaction so that next time it gets done in a better way.

In the case that concerns I think it is clear that a better review would have been expected by the test team. Nobody from that team has defended himself when being criticized trying to give an explanation of such a slipped bug. IMO, this is quite meaningful or at least I take it as an indirect acceptance of what is being criticized.

Have you wondered if Marcel is happy when he detects that important bugs regarding physics are being overlooked in a validation process carried on by several testing experts?

It is important to learn to decide what to do with critics. You can focus on the attack or on yourself. On the former you have very few to control since it is other doing it. However you have full control on your acts and there you have a bigger chance of avoiding future attacks.

I wish I would show more empathy with devs and some forum members. As I have said many times I really appreciate most people posting in this forum despite I strongly disagree in several aspects. We all know each other for a long time now (over 5 years) and you are somehow part of my social circles.

In any case I would gladly respond to any type of question and give my opinion about any technical aspect if it is considered useful by someone around this forum. I think that I have always documented things as clearly as possible in order to prove right or wrong any theory.

5. GOLFGTiman

GOLFGTiman Registered

ALGUIEN ME PUEDE AYUDAR? ESTOY INTENTANDO CREAR UN SERVIDOR DESDE EL LANZADOR DE FRACTOR 2 DE STEAM Y CUANDO LO CREO NO APARECE EN EL LISTADO DE MULTIJUDAR, ME ESTOY VOLVIENDO MAJARA

6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Speak english

7. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Well, I might add this post of mine here too, since I have gotten no response over@S397 GT3 Mod Question. Anyone out there listening?
    "I don't consider myself a newbie and have raced for many years in an rF1 league. I certainly would race online with rF2...if I had a tutorial on how to do it. Right now it's too confusing and I choose not to spend the time to figure out how to make that happen.
    Any offers from the more experienced on providing such a tutorial? Any Leagues that have one now, that they're willing to share here?
    Maybe there is something in the works from S397 - like a Steam rF2 Quick Guide to Online Racing, eh Chris? ;-)
    Perhaps there are others in my boat. Hard to row with no oars :-("

8. muz_j

muz_j Registered

I always check tuning options before starting a race or joining a session. I would have expected that to be standard behavior for players, but perhaps not. I think it's worth checking that every time you change cars to see what options are available.

...and I don't think 90% is accurate. I'm definitely the opposite - I strongly prefer the faster cars in the game, with my favorites being the Group C cars, Le Mans prototypes and open wheelers. I've seen plenty of others enjoy the same stuff on polls, but exactly how many - who knows.
    I recommend racing the Sauber C11 at the 2016 version of Bathurst with the boost turned up to 100%, or run an F1 race there - it's quite a buzz blasting over the hill section, especially in an F1 car with 7 or 8 gears.
    I'm not a great driver but find many of the cars slower than GT3's a bit boring, although I love the Radical and there's exceptions. I'd love to see more really powerful cars in the game... :)

rFactor-2-Sauber-C11.jpg

9. fns4565

fns4565 Registered

although I like it but it is not good enough for people who are experienced in racing and know one or two things about cars.