Couple of questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sim_Player, Apr 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

Hello,
    I would like to know any info or explanation on following questions, Please share your comments.

1. The ferrari 488 gte and Porsche RSR diff preload values goes all the way down to 0 Nm. I have never seen 0 Nm values in any sim in GT car, so is this something to be fixed ?

2.The porsche GT3 R has no adjustment for diff preload, which is strange because in ACC this same (991.1) car has diff preload setting adjustable. Also the mercedes GT3 too has diff preload adjustment so it is not like this is GT3 class rules or regualtion etc.

3. The lateral weight distribution of Porsche 911 GT3 R is not 50:50 (it is slightly heavier towards left). Now i understand driver sits on left side BUT then i checked on Mercedes GT3 it had 50:50 lateral distribtion. So again is there any explanation to this ? Do other GT3 cars have this unbalanced lateral weight distribution ?(this slight off balance in lateral weight puts 911 GT3 R in slight disadvantage IMO )

4.Also what series are GT3 tyres based on ? i see pirelli written on tyre sidewall BUT then I see 3 DRY compounds to choose from. AFAIK pirelli is used in SRO and SRO only has 1 DRY compound.

Thanks for reading.

Pawel44 likes this.
  2. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

Just noticed on porsche gt3 R tyre "michelin " is written. GT open uses michelin if i'm not wrong.
    And on mercedes tyre i see pirelli.

3. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I've read somewhere that rF2 GT3's are based on the GT Open series. But I don't think that was anything official and they may be a bit more generic based. It would be nice if we could get a bit more info from the devs on these and other questions about the GT3 cars since they are running an official comp with them. Maybe if you ask on the CS thread, Marcel could give some more info.

4. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

Yea, even on discord many people said that tyre of gt3 is "manufactured" by S397.

5. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

Also i got official answers for 2nd question (thanks to paul jeffrey)

The porsche GT3R having no preload is as intended.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think the tire was the preferred display tire when the car was introduced. When S397 signed licensing agreements, they probably had a clause that no changes could be made from the model they signed up for. A similar situation is something as simple as the missing tape on the Porsche steering wheel. The tape was not on the car they photographed and licensing 'MAY" prevent adding such a detail. Small & silly, but those legal documents must be minefields.(I won't mention the back-asswards USA flag on the right side of the S397 C8 Corvette.)

7. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

This legal stuff sometimes really sounds stupid.

davehenrie likes this.