Could not find trackname.ini for each vehicle

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by dosequis56, Jan 15, 2022.

1. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Sorry for yet another post. But I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the trace statement in the devmod game that says "Could not find LochDrummond_Short.ini" for each vehicle being loaded means?

Is there some track specific .ini file that can be enclosed in a vehicle mod that affects the AI?

Thanks.

2. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Here is the trace output:
    40.84s dynman.cpp 894: Entered DynMan::Restart()
    40.84s setup.cpp 3413: Could not find LochDrummond_Short.race.svm
    40.84s setup.cpp 3413: Could not find LochDrummond_Short.svm
    40.86s setup.cpp 3413: Could not find LochDrummond_Short.race.svm
    40.86s setup.cpp 3413: Could not find LochDrummond_Short.svm
    40.86s slot.cpp 944: Entered Slot::Restart(104)
    40.86s slot.cpp 1031: vi(1)
    40.86s vehload.cpp 587: Syntax warning in HDV body distribution: did not find matching parenthesis: "(0.6506:FRONT_SUBBODY:(0,0,-0.05241,0.3494:REAR_SUBBODY:(0,0,0.9759)"
    40.86s vehload.cpp 587: Syntax warning in HDV body distribution: did not find matching parenthesis: "(0.6506:FRONT_SUBBODY:(0,0,-0.05241,0.3494:REAR_SUBBODY:(0,0,0.9759)"
    40.86s vehload.cpp 587: Syntax warning in HDV body distribution: did not find matching parenthesis: "(0.3951:FRONT_SUBBODY:(0,0,-0.72588),0.6049:REAR_SUBBODY:(0,0,0.47412)"
    40.86s vehload.cpp 587: Syntax warning in HDV body distribution: did not find matching parenthesis: "(0.3225:FRONT_SUBBODY:(0,0,-0.813),0.6775:REAR_SUBBODY:(0,0,0.387)"
    40.87s slot.cpp 1035: sr(1,1)
    40.87s setup.cpp 3413: Could not find LochDrummond_Short.ini
    40.87s slot.cpp 1116: Exited Slot::Restart()

3. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

FYI: I am able to put a LochDrummond_Short.svm into various team folders and it does affect the AI. I still need to confirm that this still works in the actual game and not just devmode.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I don't see the point of doing that, you can just force an AI setup in the main game. But you can always package up your own test version of Loch Drummond to test it.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He wants different setups for different teams.

I don't know if that's possible, I'd probably take the 'easy' way and just have different HDVs for each team.

But if it is possible the setup file would be more straightforward.

*Sorry, I'm being silly here: I'm not actually familiar with forcing setups for AI and whether it allows per car, how easy it is to set it up repeatedly, etc.

6. Coutie

I think it forces it for all cars. I actually thought this was in the locations section, so what I wrote doesn't really apply.
    @dosequis56 I was confused about what you meant before, but I think you found your own answer.

7. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

My real question here is IF the .INI file is something different than the setup.
    The reason why I want to do different configs for different tracks is because for car sets like Stock Cars, it is common to have a driver that runs well only at road courses, or dirt tracks, or speedways only and I can do that if I can give him/her a good setup ONLY for those track types.
    The different HDV file does work and does give me control, even track type control if a different engine package is used at a different track. I currently have the HAAS cars with a detuned engine and they are 2 seconds per lap slower than the other cars.

8. Coutie

There is no ini file, I don't know why it asks for it. Maybe a holdover from rf1, but I don't think that had one either.

dosequis56 likes this.
  9. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Thanks. Saves me wasting time trying to figure it out.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

Weren't it ini Files, that you could get with the AI Learning Function, that included the improved AI Path and could be used to kind of overwrite the AIW Path?
    But i may be wrong :)

dosequis56 likes this.
  11. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

That is correct. It is likely this message is for loading the learning file. So now the question is whether a learning file can be enclosed in the car mod to avoid each user from having to learn a track when running an online/offline hybrid series.

12. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

So I did the experiment. I did track learning at a nightmare track, Monaco, using an F1 car. That was saved as GPVWC_MONACO_2019.ini. I copied the Monaco track to DevMode setup and loaded my F1 cars with the track and saw two of these messages for each vehicle.
    54.07s setup.cpp 3413: Could not find GPVWC_MONACO_2019.ini
    Then, I copied the AI learning file into EACH team's folder (note, I have a separate folder per team).
    Sure enough, the log message goes away. I also notice that the cars stop hitting the wall, so it works.
    If I remove the file from one team, I get two messages, from two teams, four messages and so on.
    Just need to confirm this still works in the packaged car mod, especially the concept of one learning file per team which is more difficult since I don't have the logging. Not sure if it is possible to turn up trace levels in normal game.

redapg likes this.
  13. redapg

redapg Registered

Nice, that you do all that Testing, which helps others too. :)
    You can activate that Trace Files get generated in the main Game, in 2 Ways.
    1. You can enter +trace=3 in the Steam Starting Options for rFactor 2.
    Make a Mouse Rightclick on the Game Icon in your Game Library List and select Properties.
    There you can see that Field where you have to enter it.
    tracestart.jpg

Or you create a Shortcut to start the Game, rightclick on that and select Properties and enter it behind the Entry in the "Target" Field (with a Space between):
    Note: If you do it by using a Shortcut, you have to remove \Bin64 from the Entry in the Field "execute in".
    trace_in_shortcut.jpg

DJCruicky likes this.
  14. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Thanks for @redapg I was able to turn up trace levels on the main game and could verify that the SETUPS enclosed in a vehicle set do get loaded (no NOT FOUND message in log output). However, the learning AI file doesn't seem to be found when enclosed in MAS files in the main game. I will continue to experiment with how I pack t he files into the RFCMP file and see if I can make this work. Just figure there must be a way since it works in ModDev.
    I have the learning file in the settings folder for Max Verstappen's car (who did the learning) and the NOT FOUND message does NOT occur for him.

15. redapg

redapg Registered

@dosequis56 You did say that every Team has its own Folder in DevMode.
    I would suggest to change that to the rFactor 2 Structure, where all Team Files are in the same Folder.
    Normally that should be no Problem, because there should be no Files with the same Name but different Content, that would cause Conflicts.
    In that Way, you should only need one ini File for all Vehicles and when you package it to the rfcmp, it's the same and should work in the main Game too.

16. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

That would prevent a team specific setup for each track which appears to be working. I did this on purpose to see if this was possible. Regardless, the INI file in the vehicle mod doesn't seem to work in the real game. It only loads the INI files from UserData/players/settings/<VEHCILE_CLASS>/<VEHIDLE_NAME>. I am probably going to come up with a plan to install the learning files as a separate package into the game. I have experimented with a variety of ways to package the learning files in the vehicle mod and I am pretty much out of ideas.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

I never worked with these Files, so i can not say much about it, but maybe it is one of the Things, that worked a long Time ago and that are not implemented properly into the Game anymore now.
    I normally would expect, that these Files would work packaged into the rfcmp, because that is how rFactor 2 is meant to work now: No loose Files
    Maybe it will work one Day, in the Future. ;)

18. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

They are not loose. I package the setup with each team MAS file. So if I do a MOD where we expect to run on 10 different tracks, there would be a setup file for each of those 10 tracks in each team folder. If they run at a different track, they would go back to default setup behavior for AI cars. As you know, the setup has limited effect on the AI as they use simplistic physics, but there is some effect to help them run differently at different tracks.

19. redapg

redapg Registered

OK, then i probably understood it wrong.
    I did understand it in that Way, that the Track learning Files (ini) (not the Setup Files (svm)), only work when they are in the according ../UserData/players/settings/<VEHCILE_CLASS>/<VEHIDLE_NAME> Folder, in DevMode and main Game.

20. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Almost. The track learning files work when in the vehicles folder and LOOSE in ModDev. They do NOT work in regular game once packaged, either in team specific MAS or in base MAS (the one that has gen files etc). They work in both cases when in the userData area as you say. I do not try to package in ModDev as I found out in previous threads that causes nothing but problems (can't lose HDV issue, for example). So I have decided to build some kind of tool to package and install them into the game so they are easier to manage and can be reapplied to a different instance of the game (or after re-install).