"Could not connect to matchmaker"

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Hedlund_90, May 19, 2012.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Yes there is. Not exactly sure how though.

You can set the parameter in the Multiplayer.ini file, and via the Dedicated server starter to set it into developer mode. Then it will not be announced to Matchmaker, so you do not have the issue with the connection. Line from multiplayer.ini:
    Announce Host="1" // Whether servers will attempt to register with the matchmaking service

However, I do not know for sure how to join on the server when you do so.

2. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Yes this does have to do with a pending update and yes I am now working on it.

3. Jeremy Miller

Should be corrected, this was backwards compatibility problem. New code was added to the matchmaking server that had a bug when the "old" (old as in the current version released to the public) version of rF2 attempted to add a server. Updating and existing server seemed to still work.

This should now be corrected and I see dedicated servers coming back. To speed up this processes you can restart your dedicated server manually.

4. MJP

MJP Registered

Yep servers coming back, was down to about 2/3 page in the lobby now up to around 1 3/4 pages. Just tried launching my own dedi and it now successfully connects to matchmaker. :)

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Thanks Jeremy. Knew you could fix it ;) Thanks for the quick attention here! It's appreciated.

Do I understand it correctly that you addressed the bug which caused servers to drop off randomly as well here? That would be super awesome ;)

6. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Thank you.
    All servers ~IsR~ are back and operative.

Babs:)

7. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Good, servers ok
    Thank you Jeremy

8. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

Thanks Jeremy,
    All servers added to matchmaker !

9. Jeremy Miller

Yes, it would appear random like. The issue had a repeatable sequence of steps wen recreating the problem. As such, it was relatively easy to fix.

10. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Super job Jeremy! Thanks a lot. Really looking forward to the release notes of the next update, to see what else your magic fingers managed to fix, change and tweak :)

Thanks for all the efforts, also to the rest of the guys offcourse!

11. 10speed

10speed Registered

Any news regarding this problem? We are still having the "could not connect to matchmaker"-issue. There are 4 rfactor2-server-instances running on the gameserver, and they lose lobby connetion almost randomly. Sometimes all servers, sometimes only one, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after several hours ... :(

12. Radar

Radar Registered

Sorry to refresh an old thread.. But having not tried the previous build I couldn't comment on this 'could not connect to matchmaker'. Current build is still having the problems, I'm assuming 'from reading posts' that it's an ongoing issue but I was hoping to hear if any progress has been made on this..