"Could not connect to matchmaker"

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Hedlund_90, May 19, 2012.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It's worked perfect to host LAN games for 2 weeks but yesterday i started to get this annoying message "could not connect to matchmaker". I restarted my modem and the second try, it worked again. Today, same problem, only difference is nothing helps anymore. Restart internet or computer dont help! Why?

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

It's not just you, and its not just LAN...

I have the same, 2 different servers, different location. No mod starts anymore, not ISI, and no custom. All same story, Could not connect to MatchMaker.

Stupid thing is I have 1 server still running, and thats updating, and visible in the multiplayer selection screen. Really strange...

{edit}
    By 2 different locations, I mean the servers are physicaly located in different locations, and so 2 different computers.

3. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

i
    Probleme ditto

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ditto

Too sick for this bs !

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hour I been trying

HELLO !

You want me to beta test how about some frakkin support. !

6. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Durge, come on... It's weekend remember.. ISI is not here all the time, they have free time as well, and do not live solely to support you and me remember... Keep it respectfull please.

The problems still do continue.

It was strange though. I had 5 servers up yesterday, on 2 different machines. On both machines, 1 of the servers dropped of matchmaker, the others where still running.
    When I tried to restart them, they won't connect anymore. So, the issue is changed. Before I could just restart, and all was working again. Now, I can't set anything up anymore.

The one server that is still running, is having no troubles at all. Stays online, and is updating. Really strange this....

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well Hire me, I don't sleep !@!

I help ROOKIES all weekend long with their sim, least they can do is answer a simple question.

8. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Calm down old chap :) It's the weekend, the software is beta and problems are expected to come up. That's the whole purpose of a beta and at no time should you expect everything to work 100%, because if everything worked 100% it wouldn't be a beta anymore.

I take it this has gone on for the whole day and according to you Marco, it's not happening to every server? Which means it could be something else, like a problem with a dns server, a damaged cable line, or a solar storm taking out satellites (these things do happen :D).

As it's the weekend, all we can do now is try and find the source of the issue, let's eliminate anything that is working. Best place to start is to ask you Marco, where are your 2 servers located and which one is working? The MM server is in the USA, Australia generally is routed through Europe to get to the USA, Australian's and Europeans are having difficulty with it, is anyone in the USA having difficulties with it?

9. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

~IsR~ servers are in england.
    Three servers are operational
    two servers do not connect matchmaker

Babs:rolleyes:

10. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Well, 1 server is physicaly located in the Netherlands for sure. Not 100% certain about the other one.

However, I am pretty sure it is not DNS related. Simply because if it was, the server instance that is running, would not be updating as well.
    It seems the connection making is corrupted somehow.

Let me put it in chronological order.

- Friday.
    On friday, I have set up 5 server instances.
    Server 1 (Home server, locaed in Nl).
    - 3 server instances where set up. All 3 where tested by me, and all where working fine. Later, other members of the Racedepartment.com community also joined, so it worked outside my LAN connection as well.
    -Server 2 (Racedepartment rented server, I think also located in Nl)
    - 2 server instances set up. Here, also both where working fine after testing.

- Saturday.
    Saturday morning I looked, and found that 1 of the server instances had dropped off Matchmaker. Restarted it, and it announced fine again. No problems.
    Saturday evening, we where having a race, and someone called me on MSN to say the server was not up. I checked the instances, and indeed the server was down. Situation at that time:

Server 1
    2 server instances still running, 1 dropped off.
    Server 2
    1 instance still running, 1 dropped off.

I tried to restart the instances that had dropped off, but they could not connect to the matchmaker service. The still running instances where running fine, and updating also. There where people joining, and leaving, and the Multiplayer selection screen was updated with the number of drivers present. Communication with that one was still fine.

At this time, the situation is not changed. The running instance is working fine. This morning, people joined it, raced on it, and left again. No issues there.

New server instances are still not connecting to the Matchmaker, doesnt matter on which server I set them up.

Hope this gives a more clear picture on this.

11. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Well, I am here, Mianiak is here, so it's not that you are left in the dark alone. Please respect the fact that not everyone is at your disposal at all times. Remember that ISI is not a community, but a buisness, with opening and closing hours.

12. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

at this moment all our servers are not connected to the matchmaker.

Babs:(

13. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

1 of mine is still up and running, and updating. Last join was afew hours back. Just tried to join myself, and that worked fine.

New ones still do not connect.

14. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

Hello,

All our servers in Interxion, (Madrid datacenter), could not connect to matchmaker.

Strange, because we have only one of them connected. Restarting every server give the same: could not connect. I tried to stop the connected server to see if any other can get his connection to matchmaker, but now all the servers can not connect to matchmaker.

So ... dont stop / restart your servers if they are connected to matchmaker !

Hope can be solved quikly ;)

15. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Sorry to bail on you guys last night but I had to get some sleep. How is thre status of this issue now, is it still apparent and if so how serious?

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

BTW

I tried my hardest to tell you guys yesterday not delete your servers and remake them.

This morning there is like 1/2 a page left.

17. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

calm, there is a build coming very soon:)

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What has it got to do with a build ?

You know something we do not know ?

19. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

ok sorry i just tough the next build will make things better

(joke)your Aussie accent is very sharp and English is not my first language...hard to get you:)

(question): do you play pcars at the momment, you mentioned it before?
    i placed a thread a month ago on their forum but i after that i requested a refund and i cant read the forums any more(you have to pay to read the threads funny) the thread is called "pcars broke my g27?" i wanted to know what replays i got...

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Mate I am most placid guy you can get till someone fobs me off.

Match maker failing has nothing to do with builds.

If they know what they did at least put their hands up admit it and say sorry.

Simple good business practice.

I mean if I was mod here that is what I would have done, placate people with a simple statement.

Not egg them on saying stuff like calm down and making excuses it is the weekend.

You know what I do in a store you tell me to calm down. ? lol

edit:
    Ah sorry mate pCARS yes I have it, I like it but not for online just to look at cars like models on shelf I used to have. I did see your thread yes.

I think I sort of always knew that from the first video of the 1968 at Watkins, just looked too tame, pointed in way too easy I could tell the physics were not what I wanted.

So no reason to get a refund for me I knew what I was buying.
    Sorry you have hassles Christian.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012