Could need some driving and/or setup hints for Monaco (with Brabham)

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Ray, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray Registered

I noticed that I'm quite off the pace at Monaco with the Brabham (1:32) and I can't quite see how I shall safe approx. 5 seconds to get even close to the AI. With other tracks, I'm competitive with the AI, but not at Monaco and I don't even know where I'm losing most of the time...maybe everywhere. But I think the AI accelerates faster, especially after very tight corners (e.g. the last one before s/F). Well, I slightly miss the good old Replay Analyzer ;-)

However, maybe someone can give me some hints? Or somebody might send me a better setup than mine (I only adjusted the gears from the default setup).

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

A.I. set to the same difficulty seems to scale differently on different tracks, sometimes they are much faster than they should be sometimes, they are slower, etc. I wouldnt use the a.i. times as a benchmark, run them so that they are at around your times, maybe so that the top 3rd of the pack is 3-5 tenths faster than you, that way you are pretty close to the top pace, but still have room for improvement :).

Also, they dont use the exact same (or as complex) physics as the player so sometimes they will do things that dont seem to make sense, like being able to run a corner quicker, accelerating harder without wheelspin etc. So I wouldnt use them to judge your driving technique or where you can gain time, just shoot for a similair overall laptime :)

3. Ray

Ray Registered

Good points. However, imagine there would once be an offline championship included. You won't be able to reduce the AI strenght just for one track during the season which means the Monaco race wouldn't make any sense. So the question in that case is if the AI is simply too fast at Monaco compared to the other tracks?

4. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Well, more than a year after, I have the exact same problem as OP :)
    I can run a lap in Montecarlo with the EVE F1B in low 1:31. My league best drivers can do it in 1:23 :)

I think they just go faster everywhere, that's my conclusion, especially from the tunnel onwards.

5. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Not specific to Monaco but 60s F1 tips link in my sig may be helpful.

Edit - Some Monaco-specific thoughts. Bumpy and twisty so very important to get power to the ground so suspension & differential adjustments may help. Really need to squeeze throttle and forget trying to use all power. Also make sure brake bias is optimal. I don't drive Brabs but I did have to adjust significantly in Spark. Regarding track tactics I use the clutch and keep the car balanced. Also I will pop the clutch to rotate the car on the two hairpins and when braking for the last hairpin keep the car as straight as you can. Also make sure the car is settled before chicane and you will be able to take it faster. Many brake to late and too harshly. Also first left hander try to smooth out into a single arc as much as possible and the whole track just think smooth and balance and you will go faster :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  6. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered