Corvette pitstop is wrong

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Timpie Claessens, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

The car raises in the air first right side, then left side like Nascar for instance.
    Corvette works with pegs in the chassis that raise together when compressed air is applied to them.

Please look into this :)

2. Radar

Radar Registered

As do the V8s (the lifts in the chassis).

I'm not worried about it too much, it's just a pit stop for me, doesn't affect my game play too much.. :)

3. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Agreed, the air jacks raise the car at once. Would like to see that get fixed. Also a very big problem is the time, it takes the Corvette ALMS team in RL about 7-8 seconds to change all four tires. This makes a pit stop in-game problematic because in rF2 it is somewhere like 20+ seconds for all 4 tires to be changed. i.e. Burning up the tires too quick is a major penalty with pitstops so slow. Forces players to all be on a similar strategy.

4. kmw

kmw Registered

You can still edit this in the hdv if you know how to extract & edit it and re-package the car. Of course, online everyone must then use the new edited package.
    (I just looked and I see that for this car the time to change 2 tyres is 8.5 and 4 tyres is 20 seconds, it just needs editing to 7 or 8).

5. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

And I think it also does fuel & tires together.

6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Guys, that really depends on series rules, how many pitworkers can work on a car in the same time.
    In FIA GT series, there are only 2 tyre guys allowed to change tyres and refuelling has to be done separately.
    So, with full refuelling and to change all 4 tyres, you'd have pistop time of about 50 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  7. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

FWIW, this lack of detail was already noted. The other thread did receive a reply, so ISI is aware of the issue.

8. James Cooper

James Cooper Registered

In ALMS and all ACO sports car championships, (ELMS, WEC) the pit stops are the same, you can fuel the car and change driver, but you have to wait for the fuel to be done before you can change the tires, so I don't think this is wrong in the game it's just you can't see them fuelling....