Corvette 1.41 Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Apr 18, 2013.

1. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

this corvette update to V.1.41 is going to drive me crazy ....
    Downloaded from 3 different sources now and always the instal get stucked by 16 %. You can[t tell me thats a broken DL, it must be a broken file, or what ????

View attachment 7406

2. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I think 3 days ago, the only link that worked was the dropbox one.
    I'm sure they fixed that by now because, well it's been 3 days :p But maybe try that

3. MJP

MJP Registered

The Dropbox and Atomic Gamer links both work.

Filename - ISI_Corvette_C6RGT2_2009-v141.rfcmp
    Filesize - 66,999,143 bytes
    CRC-32 - a042ccd4

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Under normal circumstances (files being released which are supposed to be) you would simply download the new components. Install them. I'm not seeing your point, or your difficulty.

New installs
    Option 1 - You install the latest sampler. You download the cars/tracks not included, install them.
    Option 2 - You download the latest lite. You download the cars/tracks not included, install them.

Updating
    Option 1 - Uninstall what you have. You install NEW the sampler. The sampler would have the latest versions of what are in the sampler. You simply download anything not in it. Remove older. Install new.
    Option 2 - Uninstall what you have. You install NEW the lite. You simply download anything which has a new version. Remove older. Install new.
    Option 3 - Auto/manual update. You simply download anything which has a new version. Remove older. Install new.

I simply have extremely difficulty understanding your difficulty...

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Perhaps you're right. I just wonder why so many people have problems.

edit: Thank you for the conversation and thank you for the detailed explanation. I must be in the bed. There was a pleasant occasion and I had a couple of glasses :)

No offense. I appreciate your effort.

Cheers !

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
  6. 88mphTim

Because, as I said, we neglected to release the individual files which you would use for every non-sampler option. :)

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

No problem. It was also less to me. Everything will be fine. Now I have really got into the bed :)

Cheers !

8. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I don't know if this has been posted but for us (me) triple screen users the windshield wipers don't go over to the other screens. In other words the wiper disappears on my other monitor when it should be continuing on

9. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

ok, the file in Dropbox installed w/o any problems !
    So I assume that the files in the first two americans servers are invalid, because I can reproduce the install failure every time with these files.
    I RECOMMEND to Tim/ISI to check these files, please.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ok let me get this straight....

For the regular version (not the light or sampler), the Clio/Malaysia 1.4x update is the latest update. Is this correct??

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Yip... (afaik anyway)

Malaysia is v1.42.

Clio is v1.41.

:)

12. 88mphTim

I did. When did you download?

I reuploaded, checked file size, I downloaded using the link, I was able to install the mod. Not much more checking possible. And I have no idea why it is happening for some. If anyone who has a decent connection with no limit wants to test it for me, please go ahead... If it's happening still, I will probably just create us our own dropbox account or something.

And the person above you says that the second American link works fine... You say it doesn't. Sooo.... :(

13. 88mphTim

What is the regular version you're referring to, if not lite or sampler? We offer two installers only, and that's those...

Yes. Everything on the download page is what is available, nowhere has it said different.

14. MJP

MJP Registered

I've just redownloaded from the first green download link and it still won't install. It checksums differently to the Dropbox and Atomic Gamer downloads which both install fine.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks. I hope ISI gets a more organized and professional product way of these updates.

Everything is scattered, you have to manually be searching forums and threads to "look for" any possible updates, it's just a mess.

Imagine you had to go to forums to manually search for updates for all of your video games and for all your computer programs.

16. Adrian

Adrian Registered

17. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

the only hint I can give. I used the Free Download Manager from http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ to download from first american links. From Dropbox I used the Firefox internal DL Manager.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

So I have to get a list of the version number of all my cars/tracks/mods, and visit that page and compare versions on my list to all the versions on that page and manually do that everyday? That's kind of crazy.

Imagine you had to get a list of all the components of all your video games (or any kind of software) and had to repeatedly visit the website of every video game or peice of software that you own, and check list after list, version after version, component after component for every video game and software program on your computer?

You could make a part time job of it, time wise at least.

I could list 10-15 games on my computer, and probably 50 to 100 programs like photo shop, VLC media player, DVD player program, Microsoft office, Real player, QuickTime, CoreTemp, GPU-Z, CPU-Z, etc etc etc. Imagine you had to get a list of all components and their versions for allllllllllllll these programs, and you had to visit each's website over and over to manually check if there are any updates, updated components, etc. I'd be spending 6 hours everyday just trying to check that all my programs are up to date. Insane.

You can quickly check if there are build updates by clicking the update checker button in the launcher, sure, but that only checks for core build updates, and not new/updated car/track/mod/components.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
  19. Adrian

Adrian Registered

No. Only the ISI ones. Also you don't need to check everyday, in fact you only need to check when you see a server running a different version to the one you have, but if you want to check more often that's up to you :)

20. 88mphTim

Very strange. And it's just the c6r, right?

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk