[REL] Corsa Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by k3nny, Feb 27, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

4. Xavier De Carvalho

Xavier De Carvalho Registered

This weeks race at RaceDepartment will be one you don't want to miss! I urge all of you to become licensed members and join us :)

5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I've planned to do a little surprise donation to this project: Rendered shadings for the templates. But I saw that the mapping has some shortcomings (doubled mappings, unclean unwraps, etc.) so the shading itself has some ugly parts on it (didn't fixed all issues as the mapping need to be changed). This rendered shadings aren't that useful now and of course need some fine-tuning (e.g. in PS do some cleaning). If the mapping will be corrected I can redo the shadings (k3nny: just tell me when you're ready respectively if want it!).

The following shadings were rendered on 4096² textures (transparend PNG). One shading is a "simple" shading with a bit of ambient occlusion, the second one is a ambient occlusion shading only. If you want to use them on the template just add them as a new layer (on the very top, just paint a small dot into the upper left or right corner to get the layer aligned perfectly, then erase the dot after aligning). Now set the layer effect to multiply. You can use multiple copies of the layer to get a deeper shading (just try it). The ambient occlusion shading should be added in the same way but don't make it fully opaque (maybe set the layer opacity to 25% or so).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm curious how this will look ingame as I didn't tried it until now :D

6. 64r

64r Registered

Thanks for this car mod. I downloaded and completed a few laps today (build 218) and have a few suggestions regarding the physics. As part of the day job we run a team in a one make series that is basically a FWD stripped out road car with a 1.6l engine running very soft road/track tyres and near standard brakes and suspension, similar to what I imagine the Corsa Cup to be. I was testing your mod with the idea of using it as our simulator vehicle as the Clio is too fast and too powerful compared to our race cars. I found that I have the same problem with your mod. Can you tell us what engine/tyre/brakes/suspension these cup cars run in real life?

The physics feel similar to the Clio, but the car has far too much power and the brakes are far too good. I did some quick data analysis comparing your mod with our race cars and here are the numbers:

Race car 1.6l : 85kph to 175kph takes 800m, braking 175kph to 55kph takes 150m
    Corsa mod car : 85kph to 175kph takes 600m, braking 175kph to 55kph takes 105m

I tried to find some real world data for the Corsa, there are some numbers at : http://www.carinf.com/en/f2f02470.html

Below is the torque curve from your Corsa mod, too much I think?

View attachment 8069

The above comments are not criticisms, I'd like to help improve the physics of this mod, send me a pm if you'd like further details or information. I think these cars could become great little training cars with a few physics and engine changes, something similar to the rTrainer but for tin tops, exactly the sort of thing the real life race cars are.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

8. lbird

lbird Registered

I like where this is going. Small tintop races are very exciting and it is probably easier to get the physics right with lower powered cars, since more people can provide real world data and analysis....

9. k3nny

k3nny Registered

First of all. Sorry for the late reply.
    Thanks for your help and donation.
    Yes the mapping is not convenient, that´s right. This is a result of inexperience, how to wrap things in the right way (airintake at the front and rear). With the occlution shader, that´s one of the things that stands on my list to check.

Thanks again.
    1. The "Corsa Cup" is an invention by myself. There are no real data from series or somthing else
    2. The engine based on the 1.6l Turbo with 210 HP/PS and 287 nm/4500rpm, I have use a torque curve from EDS.
    3. The brakes values are taken from the Clio with a little adjust at the rear
    4. The physics based on the Clio but have some little difference
    5. The analysis comparing you write is not really informative because you compare apple with pear. with the brake result i agree with you. But with the accel not, because the transmission of the Corsa is short and you lost round about 20 k/mh to the real Corsa OPC.

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I had forgotten about this car, just ran a while on Essington, sure was fun! Nice job on this little hummer.

11. Szabi

Szabi Registered

any news ? :)

12. k3nny

k3nny Registered

ATM no news. because i start a New job and the free time become not bigger. but also my knowledge are not enough To fix some things just in time, like the baking of ambiente occu. but for sure there will come some updates in the future.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Are you still working on this K3nny?

14. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Hi atm not because I have run at some points in the wrong direction that are hard to correct and I don´t find the time for the moment. But I have one Update for you from august, that I don´t wanted to release, but here it is ;).
    Some tweaks and a new template with shadows.

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  15. coops

coops Banned

@ k3nny tyvm sure we will all appreciate it.

16. rockerman

rockerman Registered

WIP skin I'm working on:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. DA

DA Registered

Nice view man! :)

18. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

If you are looking for help or knowledge, I would be more than happy to help you out. Hit me up via PM if your interested.

19. pas74

pas74 Registered

Any news about the skin?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 utilizzando Tapatalk

20. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered