Core optimization?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Navigator, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

I read some time ago, in the article about the x64 thing, that it would/could be combined with core optimization.
    Now I don't know if that is the case, in this build; it's not in the notes, but I thought it "had to be" combined.

If it is; I'd like to share my findings on it, because -in my case- there is no optimization (and could be considered as a "bug" if more guys got this).
    I mean; if optimization should be there and it's not working........I tell on it ;)

What happens with the x64 on my machine, is (with exact same settings) that I lose almost 10 fps and when other cars are around, the game starts "stuttering" in the worst case I had ever had; skipping 10 or 20 meters of track........
    All this, with settings that I drove just fine in the 660.
    FPS are around 100 and still it skips.

So, if it was meant to be optimized; on my machine it's not. I'd like to hear what others got; better or worse?
    Might just as well be a bug, right?

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I strongly suggest everyone set Max Framerate:60. It will run smooth as butter.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

It's not a real problem Noel (although I do test your setting) but if ISI has the core optimized and it's not working; I feel it as a "duty" to tell them. As a part of testing.

I don't know; maybe there is no optimization yet, maybe it's just my machine.
    We'll see.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Many has 120hz monitors you should have Max framerate:120.

Triple screen,780 SLI, Multiview, HDR gives 70 FPS, no HDR it is locked 120 FPS.
    Build 767 don`t have any updates or improvements to triple screen, multiview etc. I am disappointed.

5. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

120hz has nothing to do with rFactor 2.
    What are your specs and how did you connect your screen to the 780 ?

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This forum is for unstable testing and for bug reporting but I make it simple for you.

120hz= 120fps, 60hz= 60fps rFacor2 or any other game.

You can post you point of view here : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/16127-triple-screen-UPDATE

7. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Ok, do you homework then about this:

rFactor 2 input lag @ 60hz
    VS
    rFactor 2 input lag @ 120hz

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You don't get input lag at 60 as long as you aren't capping it with VSync. "Max Framerate" will make the framerate super smooth without any input lag. You don't necessarily have to set it at 60 though. If you have a 120hz monitor and you can maintain for example 78fps, then set your max to 75. If you have a 60hz monitor and you can maintain 300fps, you might as well set the max at 60 because your monitor isn't capable of displaying these frame anyways and all your doing is generating a bunch of heat. I can maintain 130fps but for some reason it looks more like 30fps. Super jittery. But with a 60fps cap it looks like silk.

10. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Smooth as butter indeed. I wonder how many people drive with either vsync on and hence have significant lag, or don't cap the frames, and hence miss out on such a smooth experience.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This forum is for unstable testing and for bug reporting but there is noway you can play rFactor2 with SLI and triple screens at 60fps Vsync off.
    You get horrible stutters, micro stutters, input lag etc.
    If you have Nvidia 3D vision like I do you may like to use LigthBoost and you need 100-120fps.

To claim that you don`t get input lag at at 60fps as long as you aren't capping it with VSyncis not true, look this video and you get the picture.

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Indeed, so could we please get back ontopic so others having the same "issue" can post here before this gets closed?

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I'm sorry but both examples in that video have lots of input lag. I guess some people are more picky about lag than others.

Have you even tried turning off VSync and using "Max Framerate"?

But I agree with others about going off topic. A thread on the main forum would be a better place to talk about different combinations of setting that produce the best results. I can also produce a video of my rig with a 120fps camera if you want to see what low input lag looks like.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No need Noel I run locked at 120 fps no HRD, 0 input lag.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered