converting rf1 mod

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by CordellCahill, Feb 2, 2012.

1. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Noob here trying to convert our private mod over to rf2. Our normal modder is working on CARS, so I'm left to handle the conversion. I've been told I can take the cooked models from rf1 and throw them in max. Problem is I don't even know what file to look at. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
  2. michael1

michael1 Banned

You need to extract rF1 shaders to hardware shaders. put the plugin in import the car redo all textures shaders to the new rF2 shaders. convert all the gmts then you must redo all physics gen files upgrades ect for new then you put animations in. i have a program on my other Pc that i got of my cousin when he left university after he did CAD Digital Animation or something like that called 3ds max 2009 it will cost you about 4000euros to buy but if you are a student you get it for free this is what you must use.

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

how can you have both coreshaders in at the same time? you'd have to pull one in and then pull the other out. I don't see how that works... we've been just using the rF2 shaders.

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

5. michael1

michael1 Banned

you can not unpack rF2 coreshaders just put the mas in rF1 shaders you do unpack its easy you could do a hole mod in 1 week.

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

As always, great support in here.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah people are doing great. :) Thanks mianiak.