Converting a sketchup model to rFactor2

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Leonardo1962, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Hi Folks, :)

After converting a track (Blackwood) to rFactor2, i started modding rfactor2 cars.
    (I will update Blackwood Track some weeks later) :eek:

First I had to learn to understand and generate and all the needed files in function and reading and writing rF2 fileformats.
    That was very hard and time consumpting, so i started to develop a modding- tool to handle all physics and test all the files.
    The calculation and creating then suspension chassis ini files was taffest yet. Now my tool provides good working phyics files.

Alabassiry... (a Google sketchup modeller) converted a Porsche Cayman for sketchup and gave me the permission to convert his model to rFactor2. This is a good chance to test my modding tool.

In this Topic, i will tell about some modding steps and how i used my modding tool to convert a given 3D model to rFactor2.
    I will try to explain, how i did the tricky things and which tools i used.

First steps: I used 3DSimed to scale, translate and rearrange the sketchup model to rF2 format and blender for extracting submodels and skinning.
    For the tires i used pTool and for the rest of physics, i used my own modding tool.
    The physics is now working and this pictures give you a first preview.

View attachment 20551 View attachment 20552 View attachment 20553

So stay tuned to get more infomations from this little project.

Leonardo (Peter)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

To hide the Pink indicator in ModDev, press CTRL+H ;)