Convert track from rFactor to rF 2

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by sti228, Sep 28, 2012.

1. sti228

sti228 Registered

Hi. Can someone help me to convert my rFactor track to rF 2 ? How to do that. I have program 3DSimED Demo.

I import my track from rFactor and than export as rF 2 ( save rFactor 2 objects ) but it's not RFCMP files. All of tham have gmt format.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
  2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

3. sti228

sti228 Registered

mianiak

Thank you for help, but this tutorial is hard to me. Please, if you know this way and have some free time convert my track to rF2. I upload it : http://www.mediafire.com/?zmy9tat9vi3dtnv my friend asked me to convert it for rF 2. Problem is that, i don't understand this package tutorial. Sorry me for my bad english. I try to convert gmt files to mas, but i have program error.

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Sorry, I can't help you with actually converting your track, all I can offer to help is advice. Try google translate if English is hard for you. At any rate, it is very simple process once you read the tutorial, maybe you could try looking on you tube to see if anything is there? I have seen a few video tutorials around.

5. sti228

sti228 Registered

mianiak
    I already search tutorial about converting rfactor track to rF 2 but don't find some useful stuff.

I find only this one

6. sti228

sti228 Registered

7. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Once you have all parts of your track placed in MAS files, you press the "C" toolbar button in the MAS utility, create your component (Give it a name, a type, a version etc), pick your MAS files one by one, and finally click the "Package" button. That should result in an .rfcmp component.

Before you try this though, give this document a good read, it explains much of the bits and pieces you need to consider.

8. sti228

sti228 Registered

Jorgen
    I read tutorial. In my case i only have 1 MAS file. Rustavi_GMTs.mas. I create component than package and install. After that i have rfcmp file, but can't install it. I think, it's impossible to convert track which is made in bob's track builder. I have no dds files, no loading screen and etc.

9. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I think it is possible from what your saying, that your missing a few important steps that are different with rf2 and rf1. What you need to do is, open the Joesville folder in mod dev, in there you will see a tdf file and an Icon.dds, then inside Joesville_Speedway folder you will see loading.jpg, icon.tga SMicon.tga, Thmb.tga and trackmap.tga. You first need to create all these image files, there are templates posted here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1573-Modding-Downloads

Once you have made those icons, go into My Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Locations and pick an ISI track folder, open it up and open the version folder, look at how all the mas files are set out, there are 4 important mas files that need to be made.

Trackname_Main.mas where trackname.tdf and trackname Icon go.
    Trackname_"layout".mas where the scn gdb, aiw, etc go (layout being the folder name in which all these files are found, in the case of Joesville, the layout is Joesville_Speedway)

Then there is a gmt mas and a map mas.

BTB puts all the layout files, gmt's and dds' in one folder, you have to separate them.

Then once you have made the 4 mas files, create a component from them.

10. sti228

sti228 Registered

I find it :) Go to try it.