Convert rF1 Car to rF2

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by madleecher, Oct 2, 2012.

1. chogger

chogger Registered

Is it possible to hide certain gmt files while driving in cockpit view? Some gen statement?

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

tried via upgrades?

3. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

hi all!!
    i need little help.i converted rf1 car to rf2 and everything works in game for now,but only thing is when using track camera game crash.i mean it only works with cockpit view.it even crash when i go back to main window after driving,because of replay in menu.
    can someone please tell me what i doing wrong!??is it camera files or something i need to check?
    thank you :)

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Your crash is direct or after some corners?
    Because often the "replay" crash when animated are not well done (backfire often on my side, and perhaps tire wall blur animation).
    Check these items.

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

thx king :)
    it only crash when changing cameras in game.i can drive when in cockpit,the game didnt crash when in cockpit.i think it is gen file i mess up something i think,or i need to change something in gen file i made wrong.i played yesterday with changing the settings in gen file,but i get this message (error loading the mesh unknown_token_player memory)something like that,and i get temp car only.i think you are right about tire blur and animations.where can i check animations?i converted gmt with 3dsimed,do i need to do something with textures when converting from rf1 to rf2?why do i see all textures in spinner view?sorry for this silly questions but im new to converting,but i know something about rf structure,like engine,gears,sus...but newer really understud gen file order.is there something i need to watch out in gen file,some right order to start?what is major thing i must watch out when making gen file from rf1.i think i only made right paths to gen file :).
    thx king again

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

If the car worked well in rF1, you have just to put the GMT in rF2 format, and change the material for the body and the tires/tirewall like indicated in the ISI tutorial here: http://isiforums.net/dl/rF2_car_modding_complete.pdf

Follow the information given in the tutorial for the .gen and all will work well. I converted a car these last days. And the only thing that can make rF2 crashing is the TGM to include in the TBC file, without this there is crash when you go on track.

But following your description it's a problem in the animation. To check this king of bug, comment all the .gen lines without the minimum required (see the tuto) and uncomment block by block and check between uncommented block and you will find the crashing GMT.

7. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

thx king i will try that.
    i didnt understand what you mean with this (To check this king of bug, comment all the .gen lines without the minimum required (see the tuto) and uncomment block by block and check between uncommented block and you will find the crashing GMT).

8. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

it was the lights in gen file making rf2 crash!
    thank you again king

9. chogger

chogger Registered

I bump this topic back to the top...
    Does someone know what causes this strange black?
    View attachment 7418

10. chogger

chogger Registered

Wow, the first one with such a problem? That's bad, couldn't fix it

11. JGraf

JGraf Registered

.dds saved using the wrong settings?
    save .dds as: dxt5 interpolated alpha.

12. chogger

chogger Registered

wow, so simple but it helped...
    Should all textures saved as dxt5 interpolated alpha? or are there any exceptions?