Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Twogic, Jan 13, 2017.
Latest Windows update may be causing issues with USB connected devices
Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue. Usually, anything less than a major Windows 10 update won't cause these types of problems, and we haven't had one for a while. But I recently plugged in my Xbox controller and steam started asking me about big picture mode and settings which was something new and this new behaviour seems to coincide with rF2 not detecting my wheel so maybe a steam update has changed how it deals with USB controllers.
From rfactor2 face book page ..
tl;dr - Consider holding off the Windows 10 4/18 update.
We do not yet have solid confirmation, but it appears the Windows 10 April 2018 Update causes issues with USB devices such as steering wheels and pedals. Drivers are being removed, and after re-installation they appear unstable. We're not sure whether this is something the wheel manufacturers or Microsoft have to fix.
I'm still on 1709 Fall Creators update so it looks as though it could be a different problem.
I have a friend with the same problem.
He has a G27 on a Win10 Pro completely updated.
- Restart PC a lot of times.
- Update Drivers from G27
- Change to any USB input
- Disconnect any others USB devices (Like Oculus Rift)
- We test it only with a mouse and keyboard, that they are necessary.
- Unistall, clean and reinstall rFactor 2.
- The controller works fine in Project cars.
- The controller is recognized in Windows Game devices
- And is recognized in Logitech Profile.
- The controller works in anywhere but in rFactor 2
- The assignament of buttons don't work
- The autodetect dont find anything.
Possibles solutions I read, but I don't kwon how to do:
- Conflict with an other USB device. If it device is keyboard or mouse. How I test it without them?
- Problem with windows update. How I unistall this updates?
We appreciate any idea that helps us find the way of light ...
First thing is to Verify Game Files. Right click rF2 in Steam Library / Properties / Local Files
Have you clicked "Load" and loaded the G27 default profile?
Then "Save" and rename it to something other than the default name.
Make sure to Apply or Accept any time you are prompted
Separate names with a comma.