Controller & keyboard mapping different for every upload?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Michael Havlena, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Michael Havlena

Michael Havlena Registered

Why do my controller & keyboard keys mapping change with almost every game upload?
    This is obviously very annoying as I need to remap everything almost everytime I upload a new game!!??
    Controller buttons and keyboard keys are assigned to different functions with almost every upload...please help....

Thanks so much!..;)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I assume by upload you mean load. (upload is something very different)

Have you saved your config (after assigning controls) to a profile, and maybe loaded it as well? I think that's what people do.

Personally I don't load any profiles, assign controls and it just works. Once you start loading profiles it can go a bit wrong if you do it wrong.

3. Michael Havlena

Michael Havlena Registered

Thanks for the response....yes, I meant load (not upload). I never saved a config to a profile. Typically, the game remembers my assigned assigned keys on both the keyboard and controller, but quite a few times, I found that my assigned keys have been re-assigned to perform other functions....sometimes, I couldn't even drive the car out of the garage as the assigned keys have changed...weird....

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

As Lazza said and what I have always done, assign everything as you want, click save and name the profile, then select Load. Hopefully you shouldn't have any more dramas.
    About the naming of your profile, use an original name and it is a good idea to start the name with the letter A. That way it's at the start of the alphabetical list.

5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Another thing to remember is that windows assigns your controllers in the order you plug them in and turn them on. So if you plug wheel in first this time it's controller 1 and if you plug pedals in first next time they are controller 1. Oh and try to always plug them into the same usb port every time.

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You can find this setting in the Controller.JSON:
    "Detect Rearranged Controllers":true,
    "Detect Rearranged Controllers#":"set to 1 if you change controller connections often and your wheel or pedals are sometimes enumerated differently",

Does it work? I can state categorically, don't know. :rolleyes:
    My cockpit is used only when driving so if anything ever gets unplugged it gets plugged back in to the same place and if possible with the pc off.