Controller empty

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by nick.bull, May 24, 2020.

1. nick.bull

nick.bull Registered

Hi all,
    I've just installed RF2 for the first time and I've got a Thrustmaster T300RS wheel. I've gone in to the settings and the wheel has been detected, but all of the mappings are "EMPTY". No steering, no pedal mappings, etc.

I've looked in the json for the wheel and they are all set to '0'. For example,
    "Control - Steer Left":[
    89 ],
    "Control - Steer Right":[
    89 ],
    "Control - Throttle":[
    ],

etc. The individual gears are mapped to seemingly random buttons on the wheel (e.g. "2nd gear" is mapped to the up-shift paddle). Can anyone provide me with a working json for the T300RS?

Thanks,
    Nick.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You have to still go into the controls section and map each individual action. Then SAVE it under a new name. The included profiles are generic to allow the sim to recognize the wheel. Then you customize it to suit your preferences.

3. nick.bull

nick.bull Registered

The other profiles (eg t500) have all the settings mapped already. I could work out how to map the throttle and brake pedals (select it and then press the control), but the steering wouldn't map when I turned the wheel.
    I ended up using the t500 mapping and I’ll just hope I don’t have any problems

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Glad you got it working, When you configure the wheel, center it, then turn it all the way to the left. Right til it stops physically. Hold it there and click on the left button. Repeat for right. Then center again and press the center button.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When mapping the steer left and right you have to turn at least halfway to full lock. A small turn won't do it.

Not sure why the proper profile came up empty, strange one.

6. Ken Boekhaus

Ken Boekhaus Registered

New to RF2. It is recognizing my TM 300RS but the settings are zeroed out. I tried setting them manually but it is not detecting the control movements. What am I doing wrong?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try what the OP did, load the T500 profile and then assign controls. Note the above regarding the steering.

8. Ken Boekhaus

Ken Boekhaus Registered

After I rebooted the computer, rf2 recognized the controller and began working. I believe the problem originated with a Windows update. Thanks for the suggestion.