Constant Time Delta Plugin

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by claytonbrown, Feb 22, 2017.

1. claytonbrown

claytonbrown Registered

Hi -

Just wondering if someone is aware of a plugin to provide constant deltas - something like the green bar at the top of iRacing.

At the end of Sector 1 I can see I'm 1 second behind car X, but I want to know at each instant how far behind I am.

Ultimately I'd like to use this in the virtual trainer when racing against my own ghost to see specifically what approaches / angles work best.

Thanks!

2. lagg

lagg Registered

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

And an excellent plugin it is I may add.:cool:

4. claytonbrown

claytonbrown Registered

Perfect - Thanks! Figured there HAD to be something like this out there

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

The suggested plugin shows the delta against your own best lap. I think the OP wants to see as well the live difference with respect to another driver in the center of the screen.

If I am not wrong, the difference wrt to driver ahead and behind in the hud is continuously refreshed and not per sector. I don't know if trackmap plugin can handle it but probably yes and its layout is fully customizable.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

Ah, sorry!
    I don't use the Trackmap plugin, so idon't know.

7. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Thank you sir :)

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wandering slightly OT, but the built-in hud time gaps can be toggled between 'live' and per-sector by using the menu-left control (left arrow by default). Just bear in mind the live timing uses AI related things (track AIW, car AI parameters) to estimate the gaps and they can fluctuate quite a lot. Whenever I find myself in that mode I like to wait for a specific point on the track to see how the gap has changed, as it should then be more reliable - which is why I change it to per-sector, because then the gap is accurate 3 times a lap :)

Euskotracks likes this.
  9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Sir! :eek: Don't call me nasty names.
    No, thank you ya clever little bugga! :D
    Just having some Aussie fun cosimo, :cool:

Thanks Lazza, I didn't know that.
    I assume you're talking about multiplayer?

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@ADSTA No, I don't think it keeps track of when each car passed each point on the track. It instead uses information about the track (from the AIW) and the car you're in to estimate how far behind (in time) the preceding car you are. You can completely break it by badly adjusting the AI parameters of the car, the live gaps go all over the place.

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

@Lazza, sorry for brevity, but do you know what exactly "Best Split" per sector time in qualification HUD mean and how to calculate that value? This problem currently gives me gray hair :)

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@The Iron Wolf I don't really understand the question at all, I'm not even sure which figures you're referring to, or which context you're calculating them in (or attempting to). Probably best to start a conversation about it, I think it's unrelated to this thread.

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Will do, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Threasd did mention gap calculations, that confused me.