connection lost

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by rene-xmg, Jan 12, 2013.

1. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

recently i experience connection aborts in rf2.
    always in formation lap or the first lap.

i have no problems in other games.
    did about 15 rf1 races (up to 2 hrs per race) last year without problems. also in pcars i can spent a hole day in racing without connection problems..

i run a netgear mbr3000 router, am connected with cable, have dl 15 mbit and upload 3mbit, ping from about 90 to 120

are there any gamesettings i can optimize?

thx, regards

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The timing could be when plugins activate. Do you have any plugins installed?

3. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

thanks for your answer - but no, i dont have any plugins running. i tried the intellivibe plugin for my tfsu-3 unit, but it didnt work so i removed the file.

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Maybe your bandwidth needs to be set for the game ?

Here are 2 ways to set your bandwidth ...

1. In your rf2/userdata/player/Multiplayer.ini file find this line – (its right at the top!)

Net Connection Type="6" // 0=28k, 1=56k, 2=ISDN, 3=128kbps cable/dsl 4=256+kbps cable/dsl, 5=LAN, 6=custom
    Upstream Rated KBPS="714" // Rated uploading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
    Downstream Rated KBPS="4202" // Rated downloading speed of connection, in kilobits per second

This is how mine looks I have custom selected for hosting my server , number (6). Then I manually put the speeds in with some head room .. choose what fits best for you but never put higher then you actually have ..

2. From the launcher choose HOST once the app comes up click "Vehicles" then from there hit "Config" (It doesn't matter what mod is selected for this as we are simply setting bandwidth) once the next page comes up you will see the drop down and sliders for bandwidth set it accordingly for your bandwidth ..Once this is done advance to "Options" then to "Load Track" now the server will launch ..this is the important part you must let it load until you can see that its up and up time is counting . now your bandwidth is set ! exit and your all good to go !!

5. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

thx a lot!
    now i have no problems so far :)