WIP 'Connection Lost' when session moves to next one

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DJCruicky, Oct 14, 2022.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I've had this 'Connection Lost' problem for 15 months.
    If I'm in an online session for more than 10 minutes and then the session moves to the next one I get 'Connection Lost' and I get booted out of the server.
    It happens with all servers, does not matter what car or track.
    If I've entered a server and there is less than 10 minutes left to go, I do Not get Booted when the session moves to next one. Other people on the server do not have my problem. I do not get 'Connection Lost' mid sessions, only the end of them.

When I look at log file at the point of 'Connection Lost', it says:-

Error (The virtual circuit was reset by the remote side executing a hard or abortive close. For UDP sockets, the remote host was unable to deliver a previously sent UDP datagram and responded with a "Port Unreachable" ICMP packet. The application should close the socket as it is no longer usable.) sending to 92.204.xx.xxx:2733"

(I've xx'ed out the server IP address for security reasons).

If I google that error message, it takes me to C++ coding websites. I guess only the devs could help here?

The last video is an old one from August last year with the old UI.

As you can see in the videos, when the session moves to the next one, 30 seconds later the 'Connection Lost' message pops up. During this 30 second period other peoples cars are invisible and I see no new messages in the chat box from anyone.

I can not remember what changed 15 months ago for me to start getting these. Can not remember if it started after a new build update. Same cable modem.

Things I've tried over the last 15 months without fixing the problem:

Turned On/Off Replays
    Turned On/Off "Save Replays to memory"
    Deleted all Replay files and logs
    Steam 'Verify integrity of game files'
    New Player.json file
    New UserData folder
    Closed Firewall and Virus checker (temporary)
    Removed Firewall and Virus checker (temporary)
    Turned off Hardware Firewall on my Cable Modem (temporary)
    PC already connected to Modem via an ethernet cable, not wireless
    And after getting new Hard drive:-
    -Fresh install of Windows 10
    -Fresh install of Steam
    -Fresh install of the game
    I do have all 3 on different Hard drives, not that it would matter.

Also If I make a SteamCMD dedicated server on my computer and join I get the same problem as above.
    Yes I actually get booted from my own server that I'm running on my own machine when the session moves to next one.

Thank you for reading

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    delapecs likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Can you upload your player and multiplayer json?

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you, there you go.
    Problem still there with a fresh Player file too.

Attached Files:

4. mel1c

mel1c Registered

I also have the same issue when online sessions change. I have had the issue for a couple of months, not 15 months. It does not happen with every session change, so not consistent. It also happens to other folks.

delapecs and DJCruicky like this.
  5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

The admin person of my league gave this to me. It's the server log of when I get booted between sessions:
    I've xx'ed out my ip address for security reasons.

599110.37s queue.cpp 2312: Event SessionName "Qualifying"
    599110.51s NetComm.cpp 1569: System Message(2): "Error (The virtual circuit was reset by the remote side executing a hard or abortive close. For UDP sockets, the remote host was unable to deliver a previously sent UDP datagram and responded with a "Port Unreachable" ICMP packet. The application should close the socket as it is no longer usable.) sending to 82.41.xxx.xx:15871"
    599110.51s NetComm.cpp 1569: System Message(2): "error sending parameter data on empty out buffer"
    599110.56s NetComm.cpp 2362: Node 5 ("?") isMapped=1 isParticipant=0
    599110.56s NetComm.cpp 2562: No valid client slot, not assigning SteamID 24159191040
    599110.56s NetComm.cpp 2575: Player (id=5 SteamID=24159191040) ready (assigning slot? No (-1)) (et 0.465)
    599110.59s NetComm.cpp 2362: Node 2 ("?") isMapped=1 isParticipant=0
    599110.59s NetComm.cpp 2562: No valid client slot, not assigning SteamID 0
    599110.59s NetComm.cpp 2575: Player (id=2 SteamID=0) ready (assigning slot? No (-1)) (et 0.502)
    599110.64s NetComm.cpp 1569: Node Remove: (address: unimplemented nodeID=1, Index=0)
    599110.64s NetComm.cpp 5855: Calling ClearUncheckedSlot() ...
    599110.64s NetComm.cpp 7147: ClearUncheckedSlot( 50 )
    599110.64s NetCommDedic 8238: Chat message David Cruickshank left the race. : 0.54

I forgot to say, it happens mostly when there are people on the server. If I'm there on the server just me, then there is a lot lower chance of it happening.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  6. Coutie

I checked your files, nothing looks wrong. I've made a bug report about it, so hopefully there will be a fix in the future.

mel1c likes this.
  7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks Coutie, thank you for making bug report. If you need any other files let us know.
    Cheers

8. Coutie

I talked about this with one of our programmers today, he said it's most likely an OS issue, or an issue with how the connection is being routed, either through a home router, or ISP.

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you again. It's a bit of a strange one we both agree.
    To give details about my Modem and ISP.
    The ISP is Virgin Media based in England.
    It's a fixed IP address. Speed 200megaBit down/ 20megaBit up.
    The cable modem is from my ISP, Netgear VMDG490 Super hub. It's an all in one Modem with a built in router. It does have wi-fi also but I use a ethernet cable to it.
    I play a lot of other online games, rfactor is the only game that does this.
    Not sure what I would say if I phoned my ISP.
    The OS is Windows 10.

10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Could one of you nice chaps that have same ISP as me, 'Virgin Media' based in England, tell me if you have any problem as me? Even if you say you have same ISP but have no problem is useful too. I would like to rule out if it's my ISP.

11. Luis Fruiz

Luis Fruiz Registered

Many years has been passed and this issue is not solved, i just across my fingers in every session changes.