SOLVED Connection lost on session change

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Aleksi Elomaa, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

So we finally got a decent grid size yesterday in our league race. We had 16 drivers on the server, the car was Howston and the track was Brianza. When session changed from warm-up to race everyone disconnected except the guy who was connected to the server through LAN. During the session change network usage of the server went very high, so high that servers connection 'blacked out' for a while. We restarted the server a few times and managed to get to race with 12 drivers as some had already quit.

The server was:
    16GB
    50 mbps uplink

I don't have multiplayer.ini to share right now, but I guess there might be something wrong over there. Though it was the same .ini we have used on our now dead old server. Could someone post an example of multiplayer.ini that has been proven to be working with big grids?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
  2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Not sure if its about the mp.ini. if it works it works?
    You can change upload and download speeds in the dedi-setup which might help because it sounds like connection issues to me with the server not able to keep up.

You mention a driver connected through LAN. does this mean it was not a dedicated server but a driver hosting the game on his own machine? that could be the issue as well. local machines usually don't have the same raw power a dedicated machine has and connection issues or packetloss are to be expected.

here's our ini. last used for Howstons at Brianza, both layouts. 20+ grids, no issues. Dedicated server.

3. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

Thanks!

He has two machines, server and the gaming computer.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

ah ok. so still extra data transfers on one private line. that might be the issue. try his server without him and see if that works better?

If that works then 'conveniently' plan races when he doesn't have time
    i'm great with tech support :p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  5. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Good stuff, have fun racing :)