SOLVED Connection failure.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by FatCity, Oct 26, 2013.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I get this message when I start up game

Couchbase connection error. Failed to fetch server version: Connection failure

Is this a problem with the ISI server database or is it at my end, I tried to log in again but no good, same message.

I see this has been posted before but I cant seem to find any real answers so if someone knows what the problem is ?? much appreciated:)

2. benhaha

benhaha Registered

I'm also getting this message. Currently on v342.

3. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

4. tfuith

tfuith Registered

i am getting the same crap

5. rer8

rer8 Registered

Couchbase connection error: Failed to fetch server version: Connection failure

Is there a fix?

I ran in a number of online games earlier today, and have made no changes.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've emailed incase they didn't already know. Thanks for posting.

Last time it was actually an internet hub that went down, which is why we need more than one location so you can still reach one if there's a net traffic issue.

7. seancleric

seancleric Registered

Same 'Couchbase connection error: Failed to fetch server version: Connection failure'

8. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

9. 88mphTim

I have been replied to, so the guys definitely know about it. Thanks again for posting (and tweeting me).

10. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Thanks Tim.

11. 88mphTim

Thanks for posting in here, as well. :) I check the tech/bugs forum every so often during the weekend to see if there's any serious problems with service and make sure the guys know. Everyone else posted in the main rF2 forum and that added maybe an hour to the time it took me to see anything. :(

12. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

You should probably start checking the main forum then. This is a BIG ISSUE and who the hell cares where it's posted...

13. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Back online here, thanks ISI!

14. rer8

rer8 Registered

Whoaaaa cowboy... I think Tim and the guys care... They have families and lives beyond the game like us... So praise and not stones might be in order. and just checked .... back online... good work ISI... thanks.

15. PWSR-Freak

PWSR-Freak Registered

Also back online.

Thanks ISI for the fast service.

16. 88mphTim

Is that an actual question? Ideally, you would care, if you wanted things to be seen. So my answer would be: you. Posts in a general forum are easily buried below more trivial posts, like those were before I responded to them, after seeing this post and emailing the guys at the office.

I guess putting a subject of "banana" would have been OK as well, give us guys a little treasure hunt to find information? :)

17. 88mphTim

Ignoring my 2 year old for a few mins of every hour or so on the weekend and most evenings when I can bear it would seem to indicate as much. And I'm not the one who had to down his Saturday to do whatever he did to get it online. Thanks for your understanding of our situation, and apologies for the inconvenience of having the issue in the first place today.

18. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Let's see... A service we now pay for goes down... and there's nobody that can take the time to subscribe to a forum? If you are telling me that's your story, then you can take your little rF2 and shove it.

If you are going to charge us for the ability to play, you better damn well have someone monitoring this, including all forums.

19. 88mphTim

There will be downtime, that's the first thing you need to accept. Try finding a product which has none, you'll fail. Most specify a percentage they'll attempt to keep, but offer no compensation when they don't.

I also never said anything about a lack of monitoring of servers, etc. I said posting in the wrong forum delayed *****me***** seeing it as I check in here and always do. My posts in this thread stated that I emailed to make sure they knew. And they did.

The yearly fee is an alternate payment option for the product as a whole. It's tied to multiplayer, it doesn't pay for it. We need towards the lifetime price during the lifetime of the product, but some people can't afford that, so there's another option. Who would pay the $12 yearly without such a reason?

Lastly, I don't know what magic you think subscribing brings to this. I can subscribe, sure, then I'll check my email every few days to see if anything popped up. That'll save me visiting manually every hour or so, but not sure it'll actually be an improvement as you suggest. I'll certainly be trying it for the rest of this weekend though.

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse the short post, etc

20. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Will you name your first Ulcer after me? :)