Confused and Concerned

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ian-C, May 9, 2017.

1. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

Hi All

Regarding this DX11 update firstly I'm confused, I am not subscribed to the beta and yet I'm getting updates for the beta (i.e. a 1.7GB update today). I found the following post which confuses me even further...

So if your updating the content i already have why do i need to further subscribe to more mods in the workshop?

The other thing that concerns me is what is going to happen to all the existing content i am subscribed to or have purchased for rF2? will this content still work in the DX11 version, will i be able to stay with the DX9 version for all my existing content and will the servers be compatible with both the DX9 and DX11 versions?

It's all very confusing and i have little time to read through loads of forum posts to find answers to common questions so is there a Q&A or is there one planned to answer all these questions?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Well it seems that you didn´t read anything on this forum!
    All of this was answered already. But yeah, it is easyer to write a question/rant post.....

Besides that I would agree with you when you say that rF2 is a mess right now (but you didn´t said that!).
    It was wrote that DX11 update will be made compatible with existing content,- what is clearly not the case.
    But when contents in DX9 version updates automaticly than it seems to be clear that you don´t have to subscribe to them anywhere!
    Not? Please turn on your brain for just a second!
    Tell you what: If youre unsure, just stay on existing build, don´t change anything until the major big all around-update comes.
    then you will be forced anyways! The same thing I will do, until this mess is over and rF2 is at a solid new state....

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Jake Loewenstein likes this.
  4. AceLain

AceLain Registered

and about old content that don't get updated from modder, it will work in DX11... maybe it will not look good or things like that, but it will work.