Confused about offline modding

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mattlambertson, Oct 22, 2013.

1. mattlambertson

mattlambertson Registered

I'm trying to do some minor personal tweaks (such as adjusting AI settings) to existing track and car mods, but I can't figure out how to get rF2 to validate the mods afterwards. I even created a new mod for my modified track and even that wasn't accepted for some I'm-a-noob reason, and I couldn't figure out why the interface shown in the modding tutorial PDF was so different than what I was actually seeing in mas2.exe.

But more importantly, I would very much like to be able to tweak things without having to go through this lengthy validation process every time. I understand having to repack the mas files but I don't understand all the rest, isn't there some way to turn the verification parts off and have the single player mode load all tracks and cars even if their checksums don't match? In offline mode there is seemingly no need for this verification anyway, and I can't imagine that every modder goes through that entire process every time they want to see the difference between having some obscure value at 0.10 versus 0.15. :confused:

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I feel you. Unless you use DevMode you have to repack and validate the mod every time you change something. But I warn you, DevMode and Singleplayer might not give consistent results.