Configure T300 buttons for rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lynx75, Jan 18, 2019.

1. lynx75

lynx75 Registered

Hi All,
    I am newbie and finally yesterday I've got rF2 on my PC with GT3 pack.

I have TS T300 with alcantara wheel edition, I've set-up my wheel about FFB, etc as some guy advised here in the forum and its seems working fine for me (no idea which is the best but it works better than standard configuration).

I've seen there're many buttons to configure in rF2 and my wheel/T300 has some buttons in order from top left to right as:
    - Wheel: Flash, Pit, Radio, Scroll, Wash, black button (empty), Main (its a switch it can move from right to left and I can click it)
    - T300 base: L3 and R3

Now I would like to setup rF2 options to be linked with my buttons on my wheel as its displayed. Some options seem not be available in rF2. Maybe I am wrong.

Is someone of you already configured it? Can you share your configuration and advise please?

Last thing (for now): GT3 cars have a lot of understeer compared to other type of cars. Is it correct?

Thanks for your help.

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I find the most important functions you want on the wheel are (in no particular order) Speed Limiter, Starter (car can stall if auto clutch is off), Headlights, Request Pit, LCD Mode, LCD Up-Down-Increase-Decrease (used for pit stop options by the D-Pad "black button")
    You can have multiple controller profiles for different cars if you want the buttons to be car specific.
    A bit of tape stuck over the button names can then be written on with the new assignment.
    It's all up to personal preference.

3. lynx75

lynx75 Registered

Many thanks I will set this up this evening :). The manual is very useful also

ADSTA likes this.
  4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I have pit limiter on top left of the wheel. Headlights on lower left of the wheel. D-PAD for navigating the LCD up/down/left/right and change LCD modes on top right button of the wheel. The 4 buttons next to each other (gamepad buttons) i have NEUTRAL on top one (so you can put in reverse), look left on left, look right on right, look back on down. Rain wipers on PS button bottom very middle of Wheel (small button furthest down middle). Little bit different with shifter/paddles but thats the jist of it. If i do drifting i have handbrake on left paddle and i use shifter for shifting. This until i get a real handbrake.

5. lynx75

lynx75 Registered

May share a picture of your configuration in rF2 game and a picture of your wheel :). If you wish

Many thanks

6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Will do when i get home.

lynx75 likes this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Heck. took a minute and did a Quick one at work. :D

thrustmaster_t300_rs_eu_ps3ps4_3.jpg

I also put move the seat in the car forward/back/up/down on the ARROW keys.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    GrimDad and lynx75 like this.
  8. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Pleased to hear you're now up and running lynx75.
    Don't worry about matching the button functions to what it says on the wheel. Best thing to do is choose what you want them to do.
    I'd bet everyone has different setups on the wheel buttons. I use a button box for many of game features so I can keep the wheel buttons for the things I use most. Pit limiter - lights - wipers - LCD mode - fuel mix but it's a personal choice and you will learn what you want to have on the wheel.
    I've attached a setup guide to help you with the car handling and there are others online that are more comprehensive.

rF2 has alot of depth to it and takes time to learn all it can do but keep visiting the forum. Some very clever people here that share their knowledge, no I'm not one them.
    ADSTA's mirror adjustment guide is a fine example of what I mean.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    McKiernan, ADSTA and lynx75 like this.
  9. lynx75

lynx75 Registered

You're right. I will try to setup buttons this evening to find what suits better for me. I will post a picture of my configuration to share with you. Its a great idea to configure the D-Pad, I did not consider until now :).

Where I can get the rF2 advanced car setup guide v1 that you may have in your phone please? Would you please share if this is possible?

Thanks

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You can set anything you want obviously. Mine is a good start. Its the things you use often.

lynx75 likes this.
  11. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I didn't create that basic guide and it isn't from my phone, I found that online and saved it to my desktop.
    This one on Racedepartment looks in depth
    https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-setup-guides.84567/ source
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/attachments/rd-setup-guide-1-0-pdf.1638/ Guide

The best way to learn setups is trial and error adjust one thing at a time.
    i.e. start with rollbars go higher - test if it feels good keep it if it doesn't go lower.
    I'm not an expert at setups but I can feel what feels good and what doesn't. This is all part of the learning curve in simracing.

As an old friend of mine used to say "Google is your friend" and often finds the answers.

lynx75 likes this.
  12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

GrimDad likes this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@Alex72. If you are using the paddle shifters you can get neutral just by pulling on both paddles at the same time.

GrimDad likes this.
  14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yep. I have different setup for when i use shifter or paddles.

15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I have the Ferrari GTE wheel, and have them set as follows:

Radio button: pit limiter
    Scroll: scroll mfd menus
    Pit: pit request
    Flash: lights/DRS (depends on what I’m driving)
    Water: scroll down mix mode
    Wiper: scroll up mix modes
    L3/R3: up and down brake balance
    Magneto switch: traction control +/-

Hope it helps. I like to keep the limiter/drs in easy reach and then assign the others as I need to.

As for the question about the GT3s: they have less power and downforce compared to GTEs as they’re aimed at gentlemen racers and semi pro teams, but they do get ABS and you can run whatever you want so long as the manufacturer approves. Around Daytona road course they’re 3-4s a lap slower than the GTE pack.

lynx75 likes this.
  16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ah, you didnt have the RS version. Should have noticed that from the start. Im not so used to all the T300 versions and just Think people mean T300RS when they say T300. :D

17. lynx75

lynx75 Registered

Hi All,
    I am wondering which type of buttons/feature a gt3 car has to use? Except for wipers, lights , pit request, lcd menu, a gt3 has to used what?

Traction control - OK
    Brake bias - OK
    Lunch control - ???

In regards to the gt3 button assignments for a gt3 what do you really need? I’d like to get close to the real car.

Please let me know.
    Thank you

Note: the new rF2 has improved the gr3 a lot

18. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

my Settings:

L2 Clutch
    R2 DRS (not used in gtm, gt3)
    SE Wipers (!)

Triang: pit limiter
    circle: scroll HUD (pages, for edit use arrow keys on Keyboard)
    X: request pit stop
    Rect: Light

Multi-Switch:
    Left/Right : look left/Right
    Up/Down: brake balance

ST/PS : inc/dex mixture (!)
    R3/L3 inc/dec boost (not used in gtm, gt3)
    Even if there are some keys that are not used, I prefer to use some 2 important assignments on my 2nd Stick which is a tm 16000 used for flightsims. The stick has a nice 6 flat button field. Without Option to look left/Right (e.g. if i use VR what I dont) and disregarding boost, there would be enough Buttons on the Wheel:
    abs up/down
    Traction up/down

lynx75 likes this.
  19. lynx75

lynx75 Registered

Now I found a good start point with my buttons, Ive played hours over the weekend and rF2 is amazing. I’ve tried all GT3 cars, I like all the cars really like. For my driving skills I found McLaren 720 and Audi the best cars, after these Porsche and Aston.
    I need to find Mercedes and Ferrari that at the moment are missing from the sim.

Thanks for your help, great people here.

Alex72 and GrimDad like this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Mercedes is available in the first GT3 car pack. (GT3 Power Pak) Along with an Older Mclaren, Bently, Radical(yes a Radical) and the Calloway Corvette.
    Ferrari is, at this time un-available. Most likely due to a license with another sim. You can get older versions of the Ferrari 458 from both the AM GT3 pack and the unsupported Simtek gt3 mod. The Simtek is probably not updated to dx11 and is most likely faster than the other two groups of GT3 cars.
    Glad you are enjoying.