SOLVED Configure Simulator button doesn't seem to do too much...

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Bryan Birtwell, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

After I installed 339 and did the configure Simulator thingie... I don't get the resolution I select. 1920x1080 on a single monitor, although I have a second monitor hooked up.

What I get is the rFactor2 startup screen (not the splash screen) smeared across both monitors, partially into the second. The task bar doesn't hide behind the game. Wide screen and windowed settings are ticked.

I've tried downloading it and installing it twice using differently named folders for each install.

I've tried using the config.ini from my working rFactor2.300 version and get the exact same results.

I do not run the CCC panel for my ATi 7970. I let the game take care of graphics qualitiy and features.

No matter what resolution I try I can't get the task bar to hide and if I do run the game, it looks alot like I don't have any video card drivers installed at all and get a frame rate in the lower double digit area (I'm guessing). I don't check actual frame rates (by itself, useless information), I look for smooooooooooth.

Do/will I need to run the CCC from ATi to get this version to recognize what's going on??? I haven't had to do this in the past. The game does tell me I have an ATi 7970, so it does "know".

Thanks,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Is there a reason you don't want to run it with Fullscreen?

I have my Taskbar on my second monitor so I can still see it when running Fullscreen.

You could try ALT-ENTER which sometimes helps with window/fullscreen problems.

3. Bryan Birtwell

I tried un-ticking the "windowed" button, it makes no difference.

I run in windowed mode so that I can access my second monitor, which usually has my dedicated server panel open as well as TS3. I have not found it to be a problem since my first install of rF2's 1st release.

This is the deal; every other install or every other version didn't have this problem show up. I've installed .339 twice from two separate downloads to differently named folders.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Bryan

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Window runs a fullscreen window, fullscreen is not a window. There is a difference. :)

Where are you saving data? Sounds like your config settings aren't saved.

5. Bryan Birtwell

I know that there is a difference... I just don't see any difference in the game, it behaves the same way, either way.

I installed everything into the "default" locations with the addition of 339 at the end. c:/documents/rFactor2_339 ect... ect...

I actually tried taking my config.ini from my fully functioning .300 and plopped it in and I saw the changes in the configure simulator panel but not in the game itself.

Thanks,

Bryan