Computer Cars Lag but Everything Else is Okay

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by geekysteved, Jan 7, 2017.

1. geekysteved

geekysteved Registered

Everey computer car I race against stutters like when racing online against players who have low Internet connections. What do I need to do to fix this?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Please use search function. There is a similar thread already.
    And please post your PC-specs.

3. geekysteved

geekysteved Registered

I looked at that old thread but it wasn't much help. It appears to be a framerate issue but I can't figure out more than that. Here's my specs. Hopefully, someone can help me out.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
    16 GB RAM

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your CPU is barely fast enough to run the physics. Making it do AI cars as well is pushing it to its limits. Try reducing things like track detail (reduces the number of objects on the track; unlike most graphics options it may help your CPU) and make sure you don't have any background tasks sucking CPU power.

Press Ctrl-C while on track. If you see the purple horizontal bar reaching the right edge your CPU isn't able to keep up (the histogram below will also show multiple vertical bars). This issue is largely independent of your graphics (FPS etc). I'm not sure if AI smoothness is sacrificed in an effort to keep your own car in realtime, though it can be difficult to tell if you're slowing down now and then (the Ctrl-C graph helps with that).